PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Gear Bank for Young Anglers.

Randall
30-01-2002, 06:55 AM
For some time now I have been noticing that most Anglers love to help along younger newbies to the sport.

I too have pleasure in assisting young people to further appreciate the pleasures involved with fishing.

I propose us old blokes to get some form of Fishing gear bank to be organized and distribute the proceeds of this bank account to new, younger anglers who may not have the funds to get going.

I have a fair slice of gear that is just sitting in the shed....you know the type of stuff....old rods and reels that we used to use before we upgraded to better stuff, ends of reels of fishing line, old packets of teminal tackle, old lures that need new trebles, old tackleboxes, and the list goes on and on.

If we get enough interest in assisting our younger anglers from this site, I am happy to coordinate such a bank.
All gear can either be sent to me for distribution as we all see fit, or alternately, maybe Steve, our administrator has an idea.

Look forward to your positive response.

Regards, Randall. (The old angler with a bit of stuff to give away fella)

Touchy - R.I.P.
30-01-2002, 07:27 AM
Forest,What about your landing net????,I'm sure it could go into the bank,heard you never seem to get your fish close enough to use it,or is that just a rumour that Lifejacket keeps alive,*VBG*(had to get in that low blow before him.Ha!),I'm sure I gotta few rods 'n'things that I'd be only to happy to add.Cheers Touchy.

Randall
30-01-2002, 07:51 AM
Touchy, thanks for BOTH those comments!!! ;-)

Any gear you have will be appreciated. Lets see what others come up with first mate.

Good to see the first response though!

Regards, Randall.
PS: Just so everyone can see, Touchy does get onto Barra occassionally!!!

imported_admin
30-01-2002, 08:11 AM
Randall

Top idea, I'll be more than happy to add a bit of gear to lhe list.

Fitzy
30-01-2002, 10:38 AM
Hi Randall,
Good thinking. I've got some old stuff here that only gathers dust. You can go thru it next time you're over here. (Don't touch the Loomis' tho) Am happy for it to go to an up & coming angler doin it tough.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Luke
30-01-2002, 01:46 PM
Good call Randall. You're a decent fella. Give me an email- I don't have a lot but am willing to share a few things that I've got spare.
Cheers Luke