PDA

View Full Version : Check this out!

Simon_Harmon
29-10-2001, 12:43 PM
Today my brother and I caught our first shark of the season. Upon REALESING the shark, we were subject to extensive verbal abuse from other people on the pier.
The full story is posted on our message board, it's called "Got one Finally. We would love to hear your thoughts.

cya, and happy hunting!

www.geocities.comsharkfishing2001/

Luke
30-10-2001, 01:04 PM
G'day Simon,
mate if you want to release your fish that is totally your decision. My family don't mind a bit of flake and I don't consider that I personally rape the sea of shark. Most of the time I release all of my fish but occasionally we like to eat some. All bag limits are observed and never do we keep fish that are just on legal size. eg.23cm bream-nothing on it, so what is the point anyway. What I'm saying is if sharks are your thing then good and good on you for releasing them. But it's a bit of a worry when a couple of yobbos start demanding your catch because you want to release it. Best take a big stick with you mate or train one of those sharks and keep it on a leash beside you.
Cheers Luke

adrian
30-10-2001, 02:12 PM
hi simon.
I ageed with luke .release them or keep them it's your choice and if others don't like tough ! . the ones who think that you should have killed it are the ones who most likely keep fish just under sized or just over . might need mans second best friend ( dog ) to go fishing with you on the jetty .
mans best friend is his fishing rod. :D :D

Fisherman02
30-01-2002, 05:04 PM
Hey simon
how do you catch those sharks? I fish in the Brisbane river and I get my line snapped quite a lot! It ain't coz of snags either! What sort of line would I need what type of bait would I need and Luke would I be able to get a shark with my rod?
If I had a gaff to lift it up onto the pier?
cheers Jack
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/fishingsite

Luke
31-01-2002, 02:39 AM
Hey Jack,
I'm no rod expert but the short answer is no unless they are smallest of river whalers. I have an old rod that might suit you. I'll get it over to you.
Cheers Luke

Fisherman02
31-01-2002, 03:25 PM
hey thanks Luke
how much do ya want for the rod?
Saw you wife cannot remember what topic anyway she looks really nice. We should all meet up sometime and go fishing!!