PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Premiums

Brian
06-02-2002, 10:11 AM
Howdy all,

I wonder what the feeling is in relation to the rising cost of third party insurnace. You only have to listen to the grumblings around at the moment with many saying the huge increases will force many clubs and or organisations to close.

Hows this relate to fishing ..... look at your car, boat, trailer, club fee's, competition fees and i'm betting camping fees in due course. Where will it stop ?????

From my angle and an organiser of a competition the cost looks like escalated to at least 5 x . When you consider we used to take out insurance to cover our club and our competition for a few hundrend for 12 months which we felt was acceptable. I should point out that our club was already covered under our parent body's insurance. Although the comp was not covered due to public entry, so we just got the insurance primarily for the comp:)

Now the cost looks like being in the four figure sum for a few days just to cover our annual competition. To cover for 12 months like we had been doing was off the planet.

I wonder how many others are getting shafted by insurance companies. ??? ???

I can hardly wait for my home and content insurance lol hmmmmm goes looking for bank manager.