PDA

View Full Version : Parrot Fish

adriancorrea
04-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is parrot fish in morton bay?
And where?

webby
04-02-2002, 03:40 PM
:-X if you want to see some morten #parroties
look up posts in fishing reports (the bay)
if i told every one where i get them , there wouldnt be room
to swing a cat, next time # the only clue #eastern side of
bay
regards

adriancorrea
04-02-2002, 07:08 PM
Thanks Webby
I dont want your exact spot just a point in the general direction and what time of the year are they on.
The rest Ill work out for myself, Although I havent had a much success as of late.
Thanks again webby.

aquarius
04-02-2002, 09:56 PM
Gidday Adrian,,,,,,,,if you are after parrot try the coffee rock area's in the rainbow channel.......try to get yourself some soldier crabs at low tide........these are a top bait for parrot
good luck.
cheers Brent

Luke
05-02-2002, 05:01 AM
They taste good but I hate cleaning the buggers. That nodule in the throat can be a test on a cold morning.
Signed Limp wrist ;D

Lucky_Phill
06-02-2002, 03:30 PM
Cleaning them Luke ???

Mateee ! Just whip off a fillet each side, skin the bugga and de-bone. I haven't scaled or gut and gilled a fish in 15 years.

Can't see the point. Although I do like a oven baked fish every now and again.

Parrot do like their crabs and also hang around the western side of Peel Island. The GPS marks for the spot is %#( )%43
^#8j9&$$#89 j Get it ;)

Just like Webby, I think that Moreton Bay is such a small place and fish are getting harder to find, so do your homework adrian, and you will do all right. Bush " n ' Beach offers good reading on the Bay.

Other than that, you can sit at the *&$@$#% Boat Ramp and wait for Webby to put in and follow him ;D ;)

shano
06-02-2002, 04:29 PM
parrot are there allright we also got a few in "my location" with the gps also being@@##$%^@#@!12 ;D ;D not to worrie you will get them there out there good luck!

cheers shano

aquarius
06-02-2002, 07:59 PM
Guys those GPS MARKS are spot on.....thanks very much
cheers Brent

adriancorrea
07-02-2002, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys
I dont have gps yet but your help has been great.
I understand about not sharing your spots I wouldnt either fish are very far and few between, I dont get out as much as I used too.
But I now a general direction to head and see what happens.
I know there is good parrot in Bundy caught a four kilo one two weeks ago.(Off the rocks)
Hopefully I can get one a bit closer to home.
Thanks again guys.