PDA

View Full Version : Bream caught in a crab pot?!?

Fisherman02
03-02-2002, 04:35 PM
I was fishing down at the normal place (davies park brisbane river) with some of my friends. All of them adults two guys and one female. Anyways one of the guys, Stuart pulled up his crab pot as normal and we saw something silver flapping. So I ran down and got my torch (it was night) and it turned out to be bream!!
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/fishingsite

Katrina
03-02-2002, 04:42 PM
::) Excellent by catch!!! Was it legal size?

Fisherman02
03-02-2002, 04:45 PM
nope
but it was still a thrill

Andrew
04-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Last summer I spoke with some pro fishermen who were cleaning a heap of approx. 15 luderick. They told me that, although it's unusual, that occasionally a luderick will swim into their cray pots and that when they do the rest of the school follows them in too. Andrew

Fisherman02
04-02-2002, 03:22 PM
Sound good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slates
05-02-2002, 08:11 AM
G'day guys.
Talking to a cray fisho that operates off Barwon Heads (Vic) and he regularly catches snapper in cray pots. Best is 55cm.

A good thing to remember is that I'm pretty sure is illegal to take fish in traps.
That is, you can use your crab pots, but must release all fish caught in them.
That it why shrimp traps have restrictions on the (bait entry) hole size.

Anyone else confirm this?

Cheers, Slates

Fisherman02
05-02-2002, 04:04 PM
nope never heard of it but i'll take ya word for it wouldn't want to get fined now coz im saving up for a boat ;)

Slates
06-02-2002, 10:30 AM
yeah..
Another thing to store away in the memory bank:
Talking to a fisheries bloke in Vic yonks ago about gill nets etc.
Said he booked 2 blokes for getting some fish out of one. They said the net got caught in their prop and it had some fishin in it so they took them - but it wasn't their net they said.

He replied, "yep, that's what I'd say too fellas" and booked them.

I've found 2 gill nets before. One in the Aire river, the other in lake Eppalock.
The one in the Aire river had 2 dead platypus in it. I found them after pulling in what I thought was a log that my lure was hooked on. I reported it and the fisheries bloke came down took my addy etc etc.

Best to report them asap.

Cheers, Slates

shano
06-02-2002, 04:41 PM
well i have a claim to fame with fish in the crab pot. fishing at fishermans island pulled in the crab pot 42cm flattie in it munching on the mullet free feed...... got to be happy with that 1 ;D
cheers shano! ;D

Fisherman02
12-02-2002, 03:35 PM
:o :o :o
wow!
where do flatheads have their spines?