PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay Folk... plz read

Jason_L
13-02-2002, 09:34 PM
I'm planning on coming down in the next few weeks to visit someone, but was going to bring my fishing rod and stuff with me to do a lil fishing.

Is there anyone down there that would like a fishing partner for a day or 2. I'd love to catch some nice fish, and you guys/gals knowing the area, it would save me wasting time.

Thanks people
jason

Lucky_Phill
14-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey Jason, I'm not from Hervey Bay, but. If you book yourself into the Happy Wanderer Carvan Village

www.happywanderer.com.au , you'll find good cheap accomdation in Torquay. Now if anyone from the Bay replies, they'll know where this is. There is a multitude of charter boats, Urangan Jetty, the boat harbour, Eli creek and other places to get a fish. Along with someone from the Bay. Even hoping on the ferry to Kingfisher Bay Resort and spending the night fishing the jetty there will give you a few surprises.

another person to contact in the bay for information is :-

Tony Moss at the web address www.fishntales.com

Hope that is some help. 8)

Jason_L
14-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info.. i'm actually trying to keep my budget to a minimum. i'll be driving down so anywhere that u can gain access by a 4B i'll go. no where to outragous though.

I'll be staying with someone so no need for extra accommodation.

I think someone posted a web page on here before about Hervey bay. n e 1 know what that was.

Wesley_Pang
14-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Jason,

Email me your phone number or e-mail address.

I've been getting up to Hervey Bay for the weekend half a dozen times in the last couple of months. Most flyfishing for Golden Trevally and Tuna.

Thinking about getting up there this weekend, good tides for tailing fish. It maybe a bit windy though.

Wes