PDA

View Full Version : Cane Toads Northern Territory

Luke
14-02-2002, 03:37 PM
Has anyone heard of any plans the government has adopted to try and control this problem? I would hate to see the damage they could do to the national parks up there especially with our dwindling frog populations and also to the waterways and the aquaculture. This is after seeing the damage they have done here in QLD. Will we ever learn?
Luke

Muzzy
14-02-2002, 03:54 PM
The lady I work with is part of the wild care group...
she/they are busting their arse to get stuff set up but at this stage they are smashing their heads against a brick wall...

they have got some stuff under way I will have a chat to her and find out more solid info if you like.

I was just down at mataranka (400km from darwin) and I killed 3 toads a night in the tiolets there. the rangers have reported them in the kakadu national park.

the good news in some sort of turtle up here eats em and does not die again I will find out some more before I piss in your pocket.

But they are here that is for sure and if and when they get fully up this way look out W.A cause you guys are next...

Muz

Jason_L
14-02-2002, 04:15 PM
i've found the best way to get rid of toads is with a 7 Iron. Not only is this fun, but it makes u play better Golf.

Luke
15-02-2002, 08:22 AM
Yeh Muzzy,
interested to know whats happenning up there and what species of turtles it is that is eating them. Good old turtles helping out again.
Luke

Muzzy
15-02-2002, 08:38 AM
Will get on to it then mate, will bump in to that bird before the weekend and do apost monday night for ya if that tickles your you know whats!

Into it and kill a toad

Muz

Jack_Lives_Here
15-02-2002, 11:18 AM
I prefer the 5 iron option - sacrafice a little height go for the distance.
One thing I've noticed when we have a toad whacking session at my sisters - the crows absolutely love them. We would knock over a 100 or so a night and in the morning it's like a extract from the birds - they are every where. They flip the toad over onto it's back and start eating - MMMMM nutrition plus.

Luke
15-02-2002, 11:55 AM
throw them in a bag of salt fixes em up.