PDA

View Full Version : How do garden worms perform in salt water?

squire
26-02-2002, 06:45 AM
Would anybody be able to tell me if garden worms are productive in salt water fishing? Ive heard people often talk about it so i thought i would ask what you guys/ girls think.
Regards squire

Fisherman02
26-02-2002, 12:03 PM
you got me there!
Ummm I think that the worms would die coz as you know earthworms are freshwater worms (rainwater) so putting them in saltwater would kill them but then there are bream who eat em???
you got me ;)

Lucky_Phill
26-02-2002, 01:06 PM
If fishing for whiting with blood worms and they come on the chew and get crancked up, chuck on the old garden worm. They don't last long in the salt as they turn a whitish colour and the fish won't touch them.

Stick to Bloods, Mud, Wrigglers and Cribbies. And of course the sand ! ;)

But then again, there is a bloke who lives on the canal / Nerang River, who uses garden snails to catch bream, and has been doing so for a number of years. ??? ::)

shano
26-02-2002, 04:42 PM
i have used garden worms and had quiet good success on them fished the brissie river and got some good bream on them mainly after heaps of fresh like flood times cause the flood water washes them over the grass into the river and the fish are munging them up. also those grass grubs hope this helps.
cheers shano! ;D

chumleigh
28-02-2002, 11:37 PM
They work over here in England for flounder in esturies so they might for simular enquistive flatfish head hook them then cut is half length ways but only last for five minutes or so on the hook before they loose there appeal ;)