PDA

View Full Version : sick of it

budge
24-02-2002, 07:44 PM
went on an over night crabbing trip last week in the Caboolture river and had a lot of trouble with guys lifting our pots. # >:( Theres got to be something done about these guys because it is becoming too common. #Maybe some more patrol boats out on the water checking up on fishos might help. :(

Brett_Finger
25-02-2002, 02:50 AM
Mate,
what the fisheries and boating patrol offericers done up north was to set servaliance on some set pots,thay managed to nail about 10 people lifting them!! ;D and procuted them to the fullest extent of the law, witch is in the thousands of dollars... this has got the nourthen theifs very paranoid about lifting any pots execpt there own!!!!!!! hahahahahhahahaha
Hookin, Brett

Katrina
25-02-2002, 04:45 AM
;) Brett, that is fantastic! That's what's needed. I don't know how many crab pots we've had flogged, we don't bother crabbing anymore because of it. Fishing crimes must stop!

Gazza
25-02-2002, 05:51 AM
Mate,
what the fisheries and boating patrol offericers done up north was to set servaliance on some set pots,thay managed to nail about 10 people lifting them!! #;D and procuted them to the fullest extent of the law, witch is in the thousands of dollars... this has got the nourthen theifs very paranoid about lifting any pots execpt there own!!!!!!! hahahahahhahahaha
Hookin, Brett

Yep , should be more of it to Brett #>:( >:( >:( >:(

Psst.......a friend of a friend of a friend who lost 14 pots over a year a while ago , put out 2 "pots" with the name "BRICK" in BIG RED letters ,with a BRICK at the end .........and 5 or 6 hooks tangled around the cord. Then parked around the corner 200mtrs away and outa sight.........waited for about 5 hrs , and heard a scream!! ,and happily continued fishing 8) 8)

Urban myth?? ,maybe , maybe not!!!!!
Regards
Gazza

Katrina
25-02-2002, 05:56 AM
;D Ha ha ha ha!! I love it!

shano
25-02-2002, 09:15 AM
im with gazza on the hooks in the rope trick even if it is just myth (wink wink)!
cheers shano! ;D

Fitzy
25-02-2002, 09:24 AM
Had a mate reconed that putting cheep cow bells inside the pots worked well. Folks sneaking around at night quickly drop them back in when a clanging bell comes out of the water. Noise attracts attention & they'd never know if the owener is just around the corner.

Fitz

lordy
25-02-2002, 01:51 PM
Yep , should be more of it to Brett #>:( >:( >:( >:(

Psst.......a friend of a friend of a friend who lost 14 pots over a year a while ago , put out 2 "pots" with the name "BRICK" in BIG RED letters ,with a BRICK at the end .........and 5 or 6 hooks tangled around the cord. Then parked around the corner 200mtrs away and outa sight.........waited for about 5 hrs , and heard a scream!! ,and happily continued fishing 8) 8)

Urban myth?? ,maybe , maybe not!!!!!
Regards
Gazza

Urban myth or not its a perfectly good way of being sued by the crab pot thief. Yes, he would have a case if he was game enough to own up to it. If one on the hooks severed a nerve then it could be tens of thousands of dollars. If he got hooked and fell in and drowned because of the weight of the bricks then the police would be out to find and prosecute the person who put the brick-trap there (manslaughter at a guess).

Gazza
25-02-2002, 04:38 PM
Lordy ,if a friend of a friend of a friend of yours ,attempts to steal a "pot" from Mr.BRICK or Mr.POT or Mr. THEIF or Mr. ARSEHOLE or Mr. NOTYOURS and falls in and drowns, catches #tetanus or cooks a housebrick....
tough titties and they won't do it again!!!!.......

Sorry Mate ,ZERO/ZIP/ZILCH #respect to any theiving barstead , who hasn't even got the "fairplay" to simply take the crab and LEAVE the pot!!!!

IF I ever caught some plick red-handed........injury or drowning is TOO GOOD for them.......CRAB-BAIT would make their little, sad life WORTHWHILE.......

Think about it........tell your "friends"

Enough is Enough >:( >:( >:(
Gazza

Katrina
25-02-2002, 06:23 PM
:oThink the whole litigation thing has gone way too far. Vigilante justice has it's place, I reckon. :P

Jason_L
25-02-2002, 06:36 PM
i'm sure and i've seen and heard it many times. The law protects the bad guys..

a burgular tries to break into someone's house and they break an arm or something. so they sue the house holder.. It's not his fault. he's just doing his job.

how crap is this.
i think some laws should change. doesn't affect the politicans. they make the rules. and the law is on thier side, most of the time.

Brett_Finger
26-02-2002, 02:34 AM
:oThink the whole litigation thing has gone way too far. #Vigilante justice has it's place, I reckon. :P

K,
agreed!!!!!
TBF

craigie
26-02-2002, 07:33 AM
Yes Guy's, I've had similar misfortune with Crab pots. Had 12 of those orange "Crab n Gear" design stollen over a 12 month period. At $50 a throw, It's enough to turn you into a Vigilante, give ya the tom tits !!!!!

Not sure what the answer is, A guy I know caught someone checking his pots so he rammed there Boat with his. He was dead set about sinking there Vessel, in the end they got off lightly just a major "Soiling" of there Undies !!!

Had a guy chat to me about Crab Thieves while I was Crabbing in Burpengary Creek the other weekend. I figured it out later that he had actually robbed my pots a few minutes before we had the conversation. I even helped him measure a Crab he had in the bottom of his Boat, It was my Bloody Crab !!!!!

Maybe we need to form Crabbing groups so when we all go out we can all watch each others pot's.

Cheers
Craigie.

budge
26-02-2002, 02:35 PM
I always thought that us fishos should stick together and look after eachother. #You never no when you might need someones help out there on the water ???

LYNDO
02-03-2002, 10:10 AM
;DHave to agree with Gazza!

>:(Crab bait is about the only thing for the theiving *****!

>:(It use to be only your crabs & bait they would knock off!

>:(Now they bloody take yours pots as well!!

;)Just don't tell anyone you have extra bait!

Cheers Lyndo