PDA

View Full Version : New Fishing Show

poppy
09-10-2001, 09:55 AM
You never know what can be achieved if you don't try. #How come fishing is supposed to be the most popular sport/hobby in Australia (or the world for that matter).

#If it was wouldn't we have more fishing shows on TV, Surely us poor fisho's deserve a bit more. #What we have now (in Qld) is pretty pathetic and I am not putting down the TV shows that are already on. #But wouldn't it be nice to have something more in line with what a lot of people need. #It's great to watch some one 2000k away catching huge fish on a boat that only a few could ever hope to afford.

Maybe a series of shows on different aspects of fishing like, lures, how to use them, different tecniques, different lures, how to make your own lures. #what about gathering bait I know heaps of people that can't throw a cast net, and not through lack of trying. #How about fly fishing, one only has to look through the chat boards to see there are a lot people that don't even know where to start. #Fly tying demos, #tying a differen't fly each show, #different fly fishing tecniques. #What about knots there are heaps of guys that get by with one knot all there lives. #Different lines and what they do, hooks the possibilities are there.

Once again I'm not knocking the shows that are on but I think the $$$$$$$$ made by the tackle industry could probably afford to sponsor some decent shows. #I feel they would get there money back by helping to fund such shows.

Anyway just something to toss around and see what happens.

Cheers Poppy

Luke
09-10-2001, 10:44 AM
Poppy,
couldn't agree with you more. All too much bent rods which is good but not enough technique or info about lines and rigs.
Yibbida Yibbida
Luke

Slates
09-10-2001, 10:51 AM
Good point poppy!
Saturday arvo on rex's show Bushy was explaining how to tie on backing and fly line etc.

I reckon we need more basic stuff. A few people at work have asked me "What can I get for about $80?" recently.
When I thought about it for a bit, there isn't a great deal of stuff that will last for that price!

Anyway, I reckon we need a few more 'back to basics' lessons on telly. Like throwing a line in from a river bank and casting a lure at a bream under a log etc etc.

Cheers, Slates

Amberjack
09-10-2001, 11:25 AM
Guys

You've hit the nail right on the head. The value of a show that is for fisherpeople and not about the "stars" would be of tremendous value.

Basic boatcraft, even how to clean and fillet different types of fish. The list is almost endless.

Need a "personality" with push to get into the suppliers' heads, if we are to have any luck.

Who's on?

AJ

Cremated_Reddog
09-10-2001, 01:05 PM
Poppy I'd have to agree whole heartedly with you.
AJ maybe Reddog could do it ;D.
But yes I think that there is a need for basic info for learner fishers and experienced also.

Heath
09-10-2001, 03:08 PM
Bloody oath...

Heath's Fishing Adventures has a good ring to it, don't ya think? :-*

I think that the shows get too complicated & in the end spiral out of control. They become too expensive to produce etc. I've thought about this for a while, if ever they allow community TV, on the likes of PayTv, I reckon that would be an excellent opportunity for amutures to have a go at making usefull programs that people can actually learn something off.

Derek Bullock
09-10-2001, 03:46 PM
Hey Guys

What a fantastic idea. How about a bit of variety, we could introduce "Bullocks Camp Oven Cooking". I reckon I could give that current bloke a bit of a run for his money.

We might be on a winner hear guys. How about it, Channel 10. What about a bit of sponsorship.

Cheers

Derek

Touchy - R.I.P.
10-10-2001, 02:06 AM
Dave Strongs your man with his contacts it would have to be a winner.

Randall
10-10-2001, 03:32 AM
Theres a group of serious, local anglers I hang around with that have been saying all this stuff for ages. Yep, top Idea. We would love to see a local show with basics. No exotic destinations, rather, the local creek in a canoe flickin lures. The local estuary, bay or impoundment.
Zac Piletic from Fishing Down Under, started a series that Nathan Weil and I were featured in a few years back. We did an episode in the upper reaches of the Brissy river fishing for Bass. It was incredible just how many peole commented on how interesting it was to view a couple of unknowns just havin fun fishing.
Nathan was pulled over by the Gympie Police a few months later and was recognized by the officer. Apparently the Gympie boys were all serious fishos and wanted to know if more shows were to be aired.
Sadly that series fell through due to lack of funding I think. Nathan and I have always wanted to persue this so oneday maybe, we will.
Regards, Randall.

Brian
10-10-2001, 04:19 AM
Hi,

I cannot add a lot to this other than to say this idea has been tossed about by many anglers over the years. The problem i see is the front person, funds and a TV time.

The front person would not be that hard to find and in fact does not always have to be the same person. As for the anglers in the shows you need to sus out the locals without "EGO's" to be involved and i'm sure this would be a winner for the general fishing public. Down to earth basic stuff covering a vast array of topic's already mentioned in above posts is by far the best path to run.

To obtain sponsorship / advertising the company that puts out will want a return (fair enough) and would want there product in the faces of the viewer and this can be a problem as only the big guys can afford to advertise on these shows at the expence of many very good local persons.

I hope someone can take the ball and run with it as it is about time we had a good local show for local anglers :)

Wassa
10-10-2001, 09:32 AM
Onya Poppy, what a bloody good idea.

Isn't it amazing how the "name" fishing personalities start off doing a good show and then get tied up with their own self imnportance and forget what they are there for.

You always see the same faces and the same stars on the shows and most of us here have forgetten more about fishing than half of these guys have ever learnt.

Anyway when you get the show started don't foregt to invite all of your friends here onto it and we'll all dop our bit to improve techniques.

yours in fishing.

Wassa

Amberjack
10-10-2001, 10:35 AM
Guys

Heaps of interest and lots of replies. You're on, Poppy.

"AJ's Angling Antics". Sounds great.

Seriously though, it wouldn't take a lot to research and then present the info to someone like BNB, for publishing.

Who's on?

AJ

poppy
10-10-2001, 03:24 PM
:) :)What great replies, thanks fella's. #One thing is that fact that the fishing shows always seem to be on Saturday afternoon when most ardent fishy types would most likely be out drowning some bait. # ;D

The other point is, if it was a local show what great tourist attracting possibilities there are. ::) #Maybe we could charge a toll to fish of the new walking bridge in Brisbane, at least then it would serve a really useful purpose. #Ha Ha. #;)

Cheers Poppy

webby
10-10-2001, 03:59 PM
great idea fellas, it got me thinking, and i sat down today
and made notes from the basic hook,lines thru to how to cast in the surf etc etc, the list is endless, we should get together
and put out old minds together??? never no what culd happen
8) ??? ::) ;D maybe ausfish and b n b could help out??

Derek Bullock
10-10-2001, 04:22 PM
Hey, guys, this would have to be one of the hottest posts on the chat board. I don't think I have ever seen such a response.

Are we just all giving lip service though or are or there many of you who are prepared to go the whole hog??????

I've taken the liberty of emailing all of this to someone I know who is involved with Briz31. 8) 8) 8)

Who knows, something may come of it.

Keep watching.

Derek ;D ;D ;D ;D

Heath
10-10-2001, 05:36 PM
Bris 31, is that the local FTA channel up in Brisbane??? We can't get it on the Goldcoast

Simon
11-10-2001, 05:44 AM
Briz 31 is a local station to Brisbane it is owned/run by the main trotting assoc. up here what ever they are and fill in the gaps between race meets etc. with movies adds and basically whatever someone is prepared to put together and air in an available time slot. there are some good shows and some memorable ones that are a weekly thing. Don't know what they charge to do it though.

Cheers

Simon.

MOSSY
11-10-2001, 04:23 PM
Hey, Poppy,
For starters, don't let Heath get his head on TV. People will turn off and you'll lose your sponsors. ;D Only joking, Heath. Poppy, your're dead right. If the younger guys want to "front" the show, how about some of us older heads put together some of the old ideas that still work and always will. I'll be in a brainstorming session anytime you like. By the way, I have a couple of items for the B&B museum. How do I get them there?
Regards, Mossy

Heath
11-10-2001, 06:48 PM
;) ;) I can kiss fish with the best of them ;) ;) Except them Mackerel, they've got bloody sharp teeth :-* :-*

I'm in for any brain storming sessions or what have you. Have got quite a few ideas that would make good 30 min segements I reckon, if not BNB articles ( SHHHHHH Don't tell Ron that!! :D.)

Randall
12-10-2001, 06:29 AM
Hey Derreck, imagine Tamara Tonight guy in a canoe up an estuary somewhere flickin lures !!! The mind boggles!! ;-)

Randall.

pockets
12-10-2001, 03:50 PM
Hey guy
I was talking to a guy on the net a month or so ago by the name of Gerry Skilton (AKA Nugget from Crocadile Dundee movies) he was talking of doing exactly this. Channel 10 was involved and he was looking for ideas from local clubs and fisher "persons" and hot spots to film. Wanted to keep it simple for the regular people.
Had a site to view www.nuggetsgetalife.com lets hope he comes through for us. ;D

cheers
pockets

matt_fraser
12-10-2001, 05:16 PM
G'day everyone, #

This topic has definitely generated a lot of discussion. It's a subject that I'm very interested in as I've already produced three fishing videos. I've discussed the subject of starting a local show on Briz 31 with my brother/cameraman on several occasions, but we haven't yet got to the stage of taking the leap. There are several hurdles we are yet to overcome. However, with a bit of encouragement and input from other keen local anglers out there, I believe it may be possible.

We currently have the required equipment, knowledge and experience to produce a show for Briz 31. However, time and money are the prohibitive factors. It would take between 20 and 40 hours a week to turn out a half decent show each week. Unless you were being payed, it would be an expensive and time consuming hobby (pretty much the same as producing the Dam Hot series).

The best idea I've been able to come up with so far is for keen anglers to go out film segments and send them in to be edited and put together for a show. I'm sure there are heaps of you out there who own cameras, or could borrow one to film a segment on your own backyard. You may already have some brilliant footage waiting to be aired. It would then just have to be edited. There is a fee to have your show aired on Briz 31, and there is only a small amount of time allowed for advertising.

So there's an idea if someone wants to run with it. I'm out of the country till December, and already have a couple of video projects in the wind. But would be interested in having a go at it sometime in the new year. I believe there is definitely the demand for a local show that covers the basics, and I reckon it would pick up a good following in no time at all. However, editing time minor production costs would still be factors, which would need sponsorship dollars to cover.

So there's my thoughts on the subject, get in and have a go!

Matt

Derek Bullock
12-10-2001, 05:17 PM
Hey Derreck, imagine Tamara Tonight guy in a canoe up an estuary somewhere flickin lures !!! # The mind boggles!! #;-)

Randall.

Wanna be a big canoe.

Derek

The_Walrus
12-10-2001, 05:23 PM
Big and stabble canoe, pink with frills. ???

Seriously, a down to earth fishing show with mostly if not all local content would be great. #Just look at the amount of interest this string has generated.

Luc ;D ;D 8)

Derek Bullock
12-10-2001, 05:46 PM
Thanks Matt for the info.

I can see now that what we are looking at is a major effort and in my view that definately requires sponsorship in a major way. I think also it needs someone or some people who are able to put bulk time into it. For many of us that will be a draw back because once something like this gets going it needs to keep going and that's time.

Making a video or two would be no problem but a regular show would be.

Have had a few emails about this and many think that Briz31 may not be a good option. It may be the cheapest option but as you know their broadcast area is limited. Gold Coast doesn't get it and I don't think the Sunshine Coast does either. That's two of the major fishing and viewing areas out right at the beginning.

I think that what we want is a major backer, with money, and a few people at the front with time on their hands.

Anyone out there on talking terms with Mr Packer? ??? He owns a TV station or two doesn't he.

As I have said, I'm all in favour of something that is local and relevant to the average person who just wants to go out in the outdoors with the family and have a good time. Be it fishing, camping or whatever.

Cheers

Derek

imported_admin
12-10-2001, 06:28 PM
Hi

Have been reading this thread with interest. Have spoken in length with a few people and have been looking into it for the past few years. It is a very time consuming exercise to put a show together. Haven't spoken to Briz31 for a while about it but they use to require 13 episodes to be ready to go before they will allocate a weekly time slot. The cost use to be $300 per episode that went to air. The problem is in getting the footage together for the 13 shows and editing it and having it ready. We have all the equipment to film the show and to edit it. The next problem is the time to do it.

It takes about an hour of editing, on average, for each minute that goes to air or video. So a 30 minute show would need 20 to 30 hours spent editing. You need to do the filming first of course and this takes up time as well. The trick with most shows is to keep the content current and relevant. No real use having a segment on a species that isn't around for a few months. Or footage of people fishing at a place that is out of reach for 90% of the populations budget.

If someone has a fair bit of time on their hands and is interested in doing some editing or filming feel free to contact me.

Would be interested to see exactly what people would prefer to see in the show, obviuosly by the post so far the commercial stations are not supplying it.

Cremated_Reddog
12-10-2001, 09:12 PM
hehehehe ;D Steve I got all the time in the world..

Katrina
13-10-2001, 04:49 PM
;) Maybe someone should have a chat with Martin Bowerman and co at channel 7. The creek to coast/great south east thing is supposed to be local and informative, but I think they get a bit off track. Too much variety of content in too short a time frame. The concept is great, but where is all the techy info on how to do these fun things? Seems to be lost in all the advertising, it seems! Think it's all about flashy 4wd's etc. Anyway, good luck to any who take on the challenge!

jaybee
15-10-2001, 05:25 AM
Hey guys I have read all this threed with great interest. Money seems to be the object. Seriously looking at this though, what product is advertised on tv at all ages in the family at all times of the day. What product is involved in every sport around the world. "Coke-Cola" maybe if someone could get together a 15 min vid and approach the local company out at richlands they may just sponsor a show on 7 or even help to get it into creek to coast. Good luck. I could use a locally produced show to help my fishing technics #:'(

Cremated_Reddog
15-10-2001, 06:31 AM
Hi Jaybee, funny you mentioned coke as I know the special events manager down here in syd... I give hime a call during the week and see what he can do..

Fitzy
15-10-2001, 11:42 AM
Hi Guys,
From my perspective, I can tell yas that the commercial channels may well be keen for some fishing shows but are unwilling to pay any sort of bucks for it. It would really need some rich bloke (with an ego that needs proping up) to do it, & then have they got the right stuff to be able to be on camera & the general knowhow/knowlege to pass on.
Sponorship, the way I see it is tantamount to propoganda. Once a sponsor is signed there will be the requirement to have more adverts & to push the sponsors product. Do you really want this rammed down your necks? Do you want to be told that brand X is the greatest, even if it's not?
In the current climate I can't see a new fishing tv show coming along that is gonna fit the bill.
Another thing to consider, if you were getting payed a paltry few hundred a week to be on a show, would you be willing to part with all of your hard earned knowlege & locations? Honestly?
And then once you've done it, they get to re-run it forever without you getting a cent.

For mine, I recon video is the way to do it. That's the avenue I'm wandering along. While I know a few of the guys on tele & think most of em are top folks, I still think that tv work generally is for suckers.

cheers,

fitz

jaybee
15-10-2001, 04:17 PM
kewl reddog..maybe u can try pam thorpe at richlands..i think she is still in promotions??
good luck #;D

Derek Bullock
15-10-2001, 04:51 PM
Good thoughts, Fitzy.

The more I am finding out about this idea the more I am leaning towards the video idea myself.

Still if someone can come up with the formula for a TV program though I'll certainly do my bit with what time I do have.

Don't dispair though, you never know what's around the corner. :'( :'( :'(

Cheers

Derek ;D ;D ;D

allen
17-10-2001, 06:03 AM
the question you have to ask is if you remove the larger than life identities and what are the ratings on fishing shows.
we here are all pretty keen anglers and devour anything that pops up on the box that even has a remote connection to fishing but the larger population who make the bulk of the viewers may not be so keen to tune in every week.
thats why fishing is usually included in bigger lifestyle progs like ET and such. also why cable runs them a lot becuase of their niche market strategies and the desperate need for content.

Swampdogy
17-10-2001, 09:12 PM
Ok... well I am glad to see what all you fishing people have posted on this web site and I would like to get involved here with your thoughts but I have been a little worried as I see the name nugget as a moderartor and I do not want to upset him or anyone here. You see I am also known as Nugget and I am bringing out a new TV show titled Nugget's Get A LIfe series.
The reason I am called Nugget is because I played Nugget in all three Crocodile Dundee films. In my private life I am a fishaholic and I agree with what poppy and many of you had to say. I am going to use the character Nugget to present the show and the reason for this is so the TV stations will pick the show up because they see this as a way to promote the show and get what they want out of publicity. this gives them a front man/presenter as they often require.
My real name is Gerry and if I tried to put a show togeather
titled ( Gerry's fishing show) they would not even look at it.
We are filming at the moment and I always check what people are looking for in a show but I also have to think what the channel wants and attemt to get a happy compromise. Not easy I can tell you :) Once a show is on and it proves to get good ratings or is popular, a producer is allowed more room and I believe that should allow us to put more content in that the fishing people want... much like your messages so far. Trouble is that money makes the show possible in the first place and I can tell you it is not cheap to produce a show.
Even now my crew and I are working for nothing to produce the show because we believe that a new/fresh show is required and we also think we have something you may enjoy ;D. It has been a battle to get sponsors without having them run the show.
I see that some people would like to take part in a program but I just had a fellow on the phone who said he would like to present something on our show, infact, he was going to teach Nugget how to fly fish and some of the basics. All of a suddun he wanted money to appear in the show ... how strange , I should have known :-/. Now the Get A Life show is going to cover fishing, camping and traveling Australia. The first six are on Qld simply because I live here and it is cheaper for me to produce. My Character Nugget doe's not pretend to know everything and we want to talk and interview those that do it for real. If any of you are interested we would be happy to talk to you ... not as full time presenters but as fisherman. We do have a web site if you care to look at it. www.nuggetsgetalife.com Your comments are welcome and if we get this thing off the ground I hope you all like the show. There is a lot more I would like to say but I better wait to see what you people have to say first.
Sorry about my spelling but the wife aint here at the moment...she's digging worms for the next trip 8)
Good fishing and good luck to you all ... "Nugget"

aquarius
17-10-2001, 09:49 PM
Hi Poppy
Great idea on a local fishing program.
i would like to see some indepth info on using and understanding sounders.
cheers Aquarius

gunna
18-10-2001, 07:13 AM
I'd better have me two bob's worth also. As someone who has recently had a need to learn about a new area to fish as well as new techniques, I found a video on the subject invaluable. The problem I see with a regular series is that if you miss the bits that you are trying to learn, then the rest is no different from the Rex/ET etc shows - that is - shows about fishing - but not specifically what you need. Go with a couple videos that start for the absolute beginner then work up through the various types and styles of fishing. Same content but easier for the person who needs advice to get exactly what he wants. After all, thats how this post started - giving advice to others.

imported_admin
18-10-2001, 10:16 AM
Gunna, like yourself and a few others I also think the video format would be a better idea. Maybe also to have sections of the video on the Internet as well so that you can come to the website at any time and watch the section of the video you need at that time withot having to go out and by the video.

The only downfall in video over the internet is the quality, speed, etc. Things like knots are near impossible to view on video over the net as they are in a smaller format and the line dissapears on the screen, but I am sure we can work out a way around it.

Good general tips and info wouldn't be a major problem though, such as how to throw a cast net. Text and pictures can do a lot to help explain some things but video does make it a lot easier to understand.

There is still the same amount of time and effort involved in putting together a video compaired to a TV show. You end up in a similar situation where you need sponsors to help fund it but not to the same extent as money is earned from the sale of the video.

The big question is, what do you want on the videos or think other people would want on the videos. If you can give some specifics maybe we can get the ball rolling. We have all the gear to put the videos together just sitting here, Video Cameras, Radio Mics, Lighting, Editing Suite, etc, etc. I know several people that would be good on camera and have all the answers in their head. All I need is a list of what you want. If you could E-mail me video@ausfish.com.au some specifics I can compile all the suggestions and get the ball rolling.

Most likely some of you reading these posts have some good ideas and the knowledge to share and would like to be on some of the videos giving out that knowledge, if so, E-mail me and give me some details.

Anyway, we could complain and comment about there not being anything out there that we like untill the cows come home, or we can get together and do something about it.

Steve Brown
Owner
Ausfish.com.au

Derek Bullock
18-10-2001, 03:16 PM
Great stuff, Steve. #Check your email.

I think we might be on a winner hear guys and girls. #Let Steve know what you are prepared to do.

Steve, how about we give a weeks notice and set a date and time on the live chat so that everyone can join in a good discussion.

Cheers

Derek #;D #;D #;D ;D ;D

Heath
18-10-2001, 04:29 PM
Excellent Idea Derek!!! ;)

Cremated_Reddog
18-10-2001, 04:35 PM
Yep I agree Steve and with you Derek, a video would be more (benefishal) to us all. I'd be willing to move up there just to help out with it.. Have had lighting and sound experience from doing stage management in prior jobs..
anyway you know where to find me if you want me....

Oh and Nugget if you need a gaff taper let me know I'd be more than willing to come up and do it...
# #

# # # # # # # # Reddog

PAYNE
19-10-2001, 02:42 PM
Videos and T.V. shows all cost money to produce. I know of several programmes who have the timeslots available but they just need to raise the cash to have the shows produced. Other programmes which are on the cards also require funding. I have been approached by no fewer than five shows since Hooked on Water finished but without the funds, you haven't a show.
As for "personalities, gurus etc", that's what the viewer may see them as. I have met most of these so called "gurus" and they are the best bunch of fellas to fish with and don't deserve the ribbing they get!
As for getting paid to be a presenter, in the end, it's just a job. You still have the stresses of maybe not catching a fish, the weather turning foul and a producer who wants you to catch a tailor when there are 3m seas and a 30knot south-easterly wind blowing.
Actually, it is not all as cut and dried as most viewers may think and there are a tonne of variables to take into account.
If you have an unlimited supply of money - go for it. Believe me, there are a heap of pilots being made at the present and most of them aren't going to make the cut.
Good luck but be prepared to do the hard yards and be prepared for a heap of disappointment!

benny
19-10-2001, 09:51 PM
Derek Briz31 did a half decent job with the BikeShow. I'm shore if they applied the same format they would have a sucestfull show.

poppy
22-10-2001, 02:39 PM
Hi to everybody that answered my post on "New Fishing Show". There are several reason's I did the post in the first place.

I really do think there is a need for more info for the average fishy type and this is not discounting the need for the big boats in great locations. There have been requests for several things in the replys and some of them were simple requests for using a cast net and the like.

One thing I have learnt in my life so far is the need for a lot of people to see pictures instead of words. The old addage, "A picture is worth a thousand words" is very true.
How to get this information to the general fishing public is not an easy task.

One of the best examples of this is the "Super Tank" that I saw at the recent Brisbane boating and Fishing Show. I learn't a lot from the fine talents of the two gentlemen demonstating different cast and retrieve styles. The important thing I saw was how fish reacted to different lures.
This would be great on a video especialy done in Qld where the travel and tourism industry could possibly be interested in sharing some of the cost.

I noticed one reply was concerned about the fact that people would not readily give away there secret places. I don't blame them one iota for that but, you really only need to show a similar example not the exact place. I have a smile on my face seeing 200 guys in tinny's all turning up to somebody's favourite fishing haunt. It would be like that scene out of Jaws where every body wants to catch the shark.

The other thought I had was maybe an existing show would be interested in reading all the posts that have been sent in. It could be a bit of an eye opener for them. How are they able to judge what to do if nobody ever gives them new suggestions or ideas. Maybe they could even lengthen their show to a whole hour, that would be a bonus in iself.

Cheers Poppy {or Pete)}

Fitzy
22-10-2001, 03:39 PM
Hi Poppy,
I tested that theory out a few years ago. I printed the location of one of the FADs that are in Somerset & the following weekend there was around 20 boats sitting on it. The weekend before it was published there was nobody on that area of the lake.
We moved it to another location shortly after wards. :P

Cheers,

Fitz

warigal
23-10-2001, 01:02 PM
The Lifestyle channel [21] on Foxtel is always interested in quality local content shows. However there is only so much local content that can be shown on a regular basis that is of interest to everyone without repeating. I believe Steve
brown has an idea that is worth refining. the videos/show would take a lot of anglers effort. I think it would be worth while and a lot of fun just to try.

Luke
23-10-2001, 01:19 PM
Warigal,
I reckon you could be right about it being a lot of fun trying. I can only say fishing is fishing and I could enjoy it with a camera on me or not. We all face disappointments in life
but sometimes I think it could be more dissappointing if you looked back and thought I didn't even give it a shot. Anyway being fisherpeople aren't we all used to things not going to plan every now and then. If it fails atleast it wasn't just a pipe dream and if it by even a slim chance succeeded well what would you know. I'll put my hand up for some behind the scenes work (unless you have shatterproof lenses)
Luke

aussiebasser
25-10-2001, 02:18 AM
;) #Maybe someone should have a chat with Martin Bowerman and co at channel 7. #The creek to coast/great south east thing is supposed to be local and informative, but I think they get a bit off track. #Too much variety of content in too short a time frame. #The concept is great, but where is all the techy info on how to do these fun things? #Seems to be lost in all the advertising, it seems! #Think it's all about flashy 4wd's etc. #Anyway, good luck to any who take on the challenge!

I've heard that we may see a change to layout in the near future, more down to earth fishing stuff coming up, or so I'm told. ;)

Fisherman02
10-02-2002, 06:57 PM
hey guys
if this thing gets off the ground I would love to contribute towards it. I could do anything! I maybe be 15 but I sure love my fishing!!!!!!

Brett_Finger
11-02-2002, 03:37 AM
I'm going with the Boss on this one, Video/DVD is the way to go! ;D
Hookin,Brett

jaybee
11-02-2002, 10:32 AM
??? any clues to when it mite get of the ground..i will offer myself as a learner to learn new tricks..whats this bout they cant teach old dogs ..eh ???

Fitzy
11-02-2002, 10:43 AM
HI Jaybee,
I can't say anything more at this stage (been asked to keep quiet) but there is something happening in Qld. I'm not involved with it, but I can tell you that the crew are working hard putting together some good segments.
A fair amount of filming has been done to date.

jaybee
11-02-2002, 11:03 AM
sounds excellent fitzy will be good to see some home grown vids...heres to the success of it
cheers

adza
11-02-2002, 03:16 PM
If anyone wants to see some quality fishing videos made in australia check out Matt Frasers Dam Hot range. I got to see Dam Hot 3 the other night and I would recommend it to any one.

Cheers
Adza ;D

Fisherman02
01-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Guys
it's a fantastic idea! Absoulutley fantastic!!! ;D
I reckon it will be a champion straight away.
Who knows mayeb when I get my tinny i'll motor by in the background waving at the camera while you guys do ya thing!
cheers again jack

mikeyboy
03-03-2002, 10:14 AM
I'd love to see a show that lasts for longer than 30 minutes, is 75% adds and 25 % crap...
Lets have a show that has a section for begginers, a section for more advanced anglers and a few shows about some of the less sought after but readily available species, EG European Carp, Hard fighters and large fish available in almost all fresh water areas.Ahhh maybe i'm just a dreamer !!!!!