PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Head boat ramp?(Pimpama River)

Katrina
02-03-2002, 12:02 PM
;D Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Diamond Head boat ramp on the Pimpama river. It is just south of Jacob's well. It seems to exist on some maps and not on others. To me it looks like it is at the end of Foxwell Rd, (or the road that continues from Foxwell). Anyone use the ramp, or know about accessibility, condition of the ramp? It would just save a big boat trip at low tide from Jacob's Well. Thanks for any info. Katrina

Luke
02-03-2002, 01:48 PM
Hey Katrina,
I'm not sure but in the beacon to beacon it looks as though it has access. Ain't it funny, I have a beacon to beacon and no boat ;D Nugget would know for sure.
Cheers Luke

webby
02-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Hi Katrina, # fish the pimpama quite regulary, the boat ramp
is rite at the end foxwell rd, #just watch it if putting in there
as some rock just off end of ramp to one side. dont put in there my self as boat a bit big, my last trip three weeks ago
overniter #13whiting and 5 lizards, #best time to fish is evening or early am before sun up, #but watch the mossies
at nite bloody big buggers. #try up near stockyards or two red
beacons on way up there or the big sand bank in front of
diamond heads #four green beacons, #you can get to the
other side of these banks , by coming up near the mangroves
theres a rock wall also at tip of diamond head, good bream
and occassional jack, #if you go towards mouth go up to the
oyster lease between two island on your left going out
get some great catches up there but again at night.
hope this helps
regards

Touchy - R.I.P.
02-03-2002, 04:16 PM
'Day Katrina,Ramp is good,lots of traction,but a bit of a bugger at low tide,fair reverse to get in the water,but nice deep small channel,sandbank opp has plenty of yabbies & if you sound just past the first beacon(right under the big house)you will find a big 25ft rocky hole(in pretty close)mangrove jack spot??,Webby has the spot wired re his post,some good whiting banks a bit more towards the broadwater entry as well.Cheers T.

Katrina
02-03-2002, 04:47 PM
;D Thanks, it won't be dead low tide when we get there, so it should be ok. Rusty's a champion reverser, and the vehicle can handle it. I'll print your replies so I can locate these spots. Thanks again. Katrina

duckman
04-03-2002, 04:55 PM
8)Hi Katrina just letting u know that I use this boat ramp regularly and it is not to bad to use. If u enjoy the odd muddy or sandy they are often caught around this area. The rockwall mentioned earlier isn't bad to try but if u turn right at this wall and follow this around u come into a small maze of creeks heading back towards jacobs well I have often had good catches of fish and crabs at different times. My 12ft punt lets me go almost anywhere. PS: thanks for the info on camping and fishing for cod.
Good luck Duckman.

Katrina
04-03-2002, 06:25 PM
;) No worries Duckman, hope it helped!