PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish take a bow

Goodoogetter
05-03-2002, 07:26 PM
While only new to this forum, it has not taken long to feel like I have known some of the names behind the posts for years, perhaps its the common ground that fishing envokes in most of us, some fifty years of waving the wand, from green heart poles, cane to hi tech carbon, this is a wonderful way to expand and enjoy a pastime like no other, you are a wealth of information and pleasure.
Take a bow guys, great site
The Goodoogetter,
Ps
real name is Howard, the above is a tinnie.

Brett_Finger
06-03-2002, 02:39 AM
a lot of casts in 50 years mate! ;D
Hookin, Brett

imported_admin
06-03-2002, 05:29 AM
Howard

Glad to hear you enjoy dropping in for a chat with fellow members.

Thanks for the comments.

Lucky_Phill
06-03-2002, 01:41 PM
In those 50 years Howard, you'd have some great stories to tell............... please do.

And I'll bet, a wealth of knowledge ;)

Tight lines.

Goodoogetter
06-03-2002, 03:05 PM
Lucky_Phill,
Like all good fisherfolk around the world, the fish and the stories just keep getting bigger, so they may not fit on the page.
First time I went fishing was as an observer at the age of 4 with my dad and uncle, in England, Uncle Son was a mad keen coarse fisherman and also fished every comp he could get to, my first reel was a shiny black Intrepid eggbeater that could cast a mile and a half ( I warned you)
Cheers the Goodoogetter.

webby
06-03-2002, 04:37 PM
;D ont worry Howard your not the only "Veteran" that hangs
around this site, there's a few more of them out there.
what state u hail from. So aleast we know what we can give
u the third degree on about info.
regards

Goodoogetter
08-03-2002, 01:44 AM
Webby,
I must admit to feeling a little antique, after reading the line about "a lot of casts in 50 years" still a lot of casts to go.
I hail from the sunshine state, been here for 36 years, so can take the third degree, fished the Tweed Coast and northern NSW most of the time, now live inland in the cooler country, counting the days down to holidays at the moment, heading to Awoonga in two weeks, have drove past it, never fished there.
Cheers.