PDA

View Full Version : The time is now

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2002, 07:32 AM
There is no time to waste. The Tailor RIS has to be in the office by 15th March by 5pm.

Get down TODAY, yes TODAY to your local tackle shop, ( Captain Blighs are out of forms ), and get the RIS forms , fill them out, and post them straight away.

I have just done mine, took 5 minutes to read and 1 minute to fill out. Not a lot of time to help save an industry that really affects 99% of us.

I asked the missus and kids to fill out a form , if they understood what was being asked, and they did.

With people power, we will make the pollies take notice. :D

imported_admin
10-03-2002, 08:07 AM
You can get a copy of the Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) from the Fishweb website in PDF format
Go to http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/8571.html

Vern_Veitch
13-03-2002, 03:52 PM
Watch out for the trick questions starting at Q3. If you answer no it could mean that you support open slather for commercial netters. All we want is the Queensland legislation to mirror NSW. Stop netting tailor.
If the government and the netters get their way, there will be a lot of recreational fishers taking their tailor fishing holidays in NSW instead of the Sunshine State. :-[ :-/

Brian
14-03-2002, 04:08 PM
Mine is done and already sent .......... Q3 was badly worded and is a trap as i see it.

Vern_Veitch
14-03-2002, 05:24 PM
All questions after Q3 must be read very carefully and comments added to ensure the meaning that you want gets across.

Vern_Veitch
16-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Cut off day was today at 5PM. Well done everyone who took the time to respond. The largest response to a RIS ever and they might have to hire extra staff to enter it all on a database. Conservative figure is about 3000 responses according to my sources but it may be more.
I rarely fish for tailor but it shows what can be achieved if we work together.
It will be interesting to watch the political tooing and froing over this one.
Vern

LYNDO
17-03-2002, 09:10 PM
;DBig pat on the back to everyone one who took the time to send in their R.I.S.

:DI had already sent my in, and also done my best to "ear-bash" as many as I could about the importance!

:DJust wonder if they could do one for the spotty mackerel?

;DCheers Lyndo

Vern_Veitch
18-03-2002, 05:44 PM
Spotty Mackerel is on the way Lindo. QFS ran a workshop with reps from QSIA, Sunfish, GBRMPA and scientific advisors on 6&7 March.
We should see a press release soon but the species is considered to be a high risk fishery and some outcomes should be seen in the near future. We will need suport on this one as well when it hits the streets. Rec fishers up my way believe that although commercial fishing shouls be allowed, it should be a line caught species only.
Be a good topic to keep rolling.
Vern

Lucky_Phill
19-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah, a big thanks to everyone who sent in their RIS. I do believe that the Spottie issue will be bigger than the tailor one. So let's get on board and stop those *%#@&^ ring netters. Even they are feeling the decline in numbers.

People power will win the day folks. ;D