PDA

View Full Version : borroloola/vanderlin

jagman
04-03-2002, 06:35 AM
well guy's ,heading up to borroloola this week .Has anyone fished around the vanderlin islands!. hope to do some fishing out around the islands.I have only fished the islands once.we caught plenty of qeenies but looking for some nice reefs to fish any info would be great

Lucky_Phill
05-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Only been there once Jagman, no firkin fish to speak of, although I was promised that I wouldn't be able to get a lure to the Barra for the Jacks.

Went to fish near those islands, got queenies, jew, cod but nothing to write home about. Lots of reefies ( sharks ) up there as well.

The place is HOT :-[ far away :'( lacking in fish :(

and the pros are doing a great job on the crabs and Barra >:(

jagman
23-03-2002, 06:47 AM
thanks for the reply lucky phill

I had already gone to borroloola and only returned thursday 21st. you are right about the queenies they were eveywhere although we did get some good fish around the islands 2-4kg coral trout small red emporer,nice fingermark and plenty of big eye nannygai(thats what the locals called them)big lemon sharks solid GT's and a huge Groper that was sent back swimming.The rivers Fished really well this year the barra were everywere.lots of 60-75cm barra and the best of the trip was a 99cm beast couldn't crack the meter but another guy weighed in a nice fish of 113cm i think it was about 11.7kg.The barra pro's were banned from netting the river for some time but are back untill the 30th june this year then they will NOT BE ALLOWED to net the river for good.The amount of barra that were there this year was great and will only get better in years to come

cheers JAGMAN