PDA

View Full Version : CarpBusters #anyone going ?

Lucky_Phill
23-02-2002, 12:30 PM
Although I am a alt water fisho. #I think I'd like to give the fresh a go. #And what better time to do it than Easter. #

Any Ausfish fishoes going to bust a few carp ?

I have no idea what, where, how, etc etc, #but am all ears. #I'll pop into the carpbusters web site soon and find out as much as I can there. #But a couple of days camped by a creek / river chucking a few worms at some invaders sounds good right now #;) # # #8)

Fitzy
23-02-2002, 01:21 PM
Gee I wish they wouldn't have things like this at Easter.
I would encourage anyone to go bust a carp or 20. This is a good cause though it is doubtful if line fishing will have any impact on them. The big winner is that the money they raise goes towards stocking native fish in that river system, this I recon will have a far bigger impact on the buggers.

Good comp run by good folks. But its a pity its on at Easter. I got other things planned at that time.

Cheers,

Fitz

webby
23-02-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi Phil , have been going for the past few years, seeing as
i only live a few k's fm beaudesert, usually have a great time
and have won a few prizes over the years, as the give away
prizes like there going out of fashion, from smallest to biggest and so on, have tried many techinques and baits
but the old corn catches a few, last year sat next to these
orientals and he had one of those long poles no reel and
some secret concoction??? he keeped thowing in the dam
and he kept pullin in the carp, shit me rite off, but we still
caught a few. the farmers open up there properties for the
weekend and u can camp next to the dams. or most camp
at the race track where the hold the functions etc
ive even see people using cast nets and drag nets as they
dont mind as long as u catch the rotten things, bit of t.n.t.
wouldnt hurt either. but if ur going down give us a call
as i'll be there agin this year, good weekend few tinnies
etc no boats just all bank fishing, just bring the aeroguard
plenty of cow dung and flies.
regards

Fitzy
23-02-2002, 04:39 PM
Hi Webby,
Mate cast nets, gill nets & bait nets are all illegal in freshwater (non-tidal water), even if it is to catch carp & even if it is on private property. Better spread the word to any that are thinking about doing it.
If organisers are encouraging the use of nets, I'll be having a quiet word to them about it.
Apart from that, catch as many as possible & kill the buggers.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Cremated_Reddog
23-02-2002, 06:24 PM
Hey Phill, out at Moree they have a carp bash on at easter also, damn good prizes for biggest carp and most carp, which are a couple of boats with motors on trailers with all sorts of gear to go with em.. that's where I am heading this yr... oh am going bream fishing Saturday night will try and get you a bigen for the taxi

Cheers Reddog

Luke
24-02-2002, 02:12 AM
Hey Phil,
does sound like a good idea. Still not sure if I have Easter off and Somerset has been mentioned. Can you give me any info on the carpbuster gig or a website. Like you, sitting on a bank catching vermin could be relaxing.
Cheers Luke

webby
24-02-2002, 03:29 AM
Hi Fitzy,
Wasnt intending to use a net, just stating what i saw down
at one of the smaller dams on this farmer i happend to be
fishing at, they were draging a small bait net in the shallow
water at one end and they ending up with a few bucket
full of tiny carp. this dam i would say was put in by the farmer
as he was pumping from the albert river. so god know how
the carp got into it, unles during a flood.
regards

Fitzy
24-02-2002, 10:55 AM
Hey Phil,
does sound like a good idea. Still not sure if I have Easter off and Somerset has been mentioned. Can you give me any info on the carpbuster gig or a website. Like you, sitting on a bank catching vermin could be relaxing.
Cheers Luke

Luke,
Click here.
http://www.carpbusters.com.au/

Fitz

Fitzy
24-02-2002, 11:02 AM
Webby,
I called the club pres & asked if they are endorsing the use of nets. He said no, but at one stage also said what they don't see don't hurt. He even admitted to netting carp himself.
After I admonished him for this he agreed that anyone seen to be breaking the law in their comp would reflect upon the event & the club.
I advised him to add some info to their flyers stating that "no nets allowed" is a good idea.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Luke
24-02-2002, 05:05 PM
Thanks Fitz

LYNDO
25-02-2002, 01:44 PM
Hi Phil,

Definitely going, have to improve on the second placing for the largest carp "Teams" section at last years comp.

;)I have to agree the cob corn is a great bait!

;DAnother tip chasing the ones is to move on further upstream after you've caught a couple in one particular pool.

:(They tend to go off the bite!

>:(I Agree Please no NETS guys!

:DSee ya there cheers Lyndo

Fitzy
25-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Lyndo,
Out west we used to use the corn pieces + we use to get a can of creamed corn, wack a few holes in it & sit it in the edge of the water. Seemed to work well as a burley.

webby
10-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Two weeks to Carp Busters, so get yourselves organized. Starts Friday thru to Sunday (presentations). plenty of places
to go from Rathdowney thru to tamborine. Even if its for a day or half day. Lets help cull these RATS of our inland waterways. The Easter Bunny will find you there instead of
sitting at home. Plenty of Prizes, No Bag Limits, No Size
Restrictions. Just get the Buggers.
regards

Fisherman02
18-03-2002, 08:22 AM
hey guys,
could ya give me some more info. Where it is and what I need to bring i.e tent. I would love to catch decent fish and if it is helping getting rid of pests bring it on!!!!
cheers jack

LYNDO
23-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Fisherman-02,

The Carp Busters HQ is at the Beaudesert race course,(heading towards Boonah from Beaudesert) where the weigh-in is conducted, you can pitch a tent, register for the comp., obtain maps of areas you can fish, food etc.

Or check out their website, Hope this helps Lyndo ;D

Fisherman02
24-03-2002, 12:57 PM
thanks lyndo yeah helps a lot ;D ;D
c ya there!!!