PDA

View Full Version : Current weather forecasts

Luke
29-03-2002, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know a site or toll free number you can ring for up to date weather forecasts for SE QLD.
Cheers Luke

Luke
29-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Forget that last post. This mornings forecast was for Thursday and I thought it was a bit old but thats only because I've got it in my head that it's Friday when it's not. Don't worry I'll get with the programme.
Luke

Katrina
29-03-2002, 12:51 PM
;D Good one Luke! Have a good one, Katrina

aquarius
29-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Here's that number for those people who want a current weather forecast for Southeast Queensland.
1300360428 UPDATED EVERY 4 HOURS

adrian
29-03-2002, 03:05 PM
hi guys
has anyone tried browniescoastwatch.com
some good stuff like wave rider buoys and forcasts from the weather people themsleves
anzac

Fitzy
29-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Hi Luke,
I've got some links on my weather page that may be useful. Been lazy & aint checked they're all working lately.
Anyway the addy is http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/Weather.htm

Hope U get some use.

Fitz.. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gif

Vern_Veitch
30-03-2002, 06:03 AM
Try www.bom.gov.au
It's official.
Vern

Kerry
30-03-2002, 06:21 AM
Try www.bom.gov.au
It's official.
Vern

"it's official" now that should get some response ;D. Generally one only hears when the bom get it "indifferent" but never the other way.

Cheers, Kerry.

Vern_Veitch
30-03-2002, 12:46 PM
I didn't say they always got it right but they are the best manned and equipped and often the most up to date.
Vern

Kerry
30-03-2002, 02:47 PM
Vern, no misunderstanding I totally agree with you. The point was not many give credit when credit is due but have plenty to say when things don't happen has supposed too.

Actually some of the southern yachties and such are totally amazed that some of the Qld regional met people do several direct radio skeds each day and actually talk direct to boaties for feedback etc which generally goes into the current forecasts while helping other boaties have a better understanding of the current conditions and trends which might occur.

There's nothing like that direct contact, should happen everywhere.

Cheers, Kerry.