PDA

View Full Version : weekend fishing

Fisherman02
30-03-2002, 09:54 AM
hey guys
just thinking about doing some fishing this weekend any fantastic spots 30mins from Brisbane
cheers jack

adza
30-03-2002, 02:20 PM
g'day jack
For a bit of fun I fish in boggy creek near the mouth of the brisbane river at pinkinba. The main species I get are bream, whiting, catfish and some big stingrays.
I know that none of these are glamour species but they can be good fun on light line.
Hope I have helped.

cheers
Adza ;D

Fisherman02
31-03-2002, 04:20 AM
thanks adza
ill give it a try. I'll even swap it around with the light line i won from ausfish! ;D ;D
cheers jack
p.s how light line are you talking about?

Fisherman02
31-03-2002, 04:21 AM
sorry i forgot to ask you what type of bait ??? ??? will prawns be fine
cheers

adza
31-03-2002, 04:26 AM
ack, I am using 2 kg main line ang a 4-6kg leader and if you get a big stingray on that you are in for a good fight. All I normally use for bait is the ever trusty old prawn or failing that some small pieces of mullet. Also take a crab pot I have been getting a few blue swimmers lately.

Cheers
Adza ;D

Fisherman02
31-03-2002, 04:47 AM
Excellant!!
for the leader do ya just recomend say 15kg line or would I need to go for a trace and just while you are here I was thinking of a landing net and gaff have you got any advice on what to go for i need like a foldable net as I go walking for miles sometimes to get to a good fishing spot
cheers jack
p.s since when was my name ack?? >:(
he he he