PDA

View Full Version : Bush N Beach Fishing

Ron_Collins
29-03-2002, 01:01 PM
Many thanks to everyone who got involved in the discussion about Bush N Beach Fishing. And a special thanks and welcome to Ratsack for subscribing.

BNB tries hard to be a very practical publication and our writing crew share information which should assist you in many forms of fishing at a wide variety of locations in Queensland and to thep half of NSW (plus other spots in Australia on a less regular basis).

We also appreciate feedback and suggestions, and often have more than one page of "readers forum" comments each month.

If you are having trouble finding BNB at newsagents in your area, please let me know and I'll get that fixed with the distributors.

Meanwhile, your support and interest is greatly appreciated. Ron Collins, Ed.

Randall
29-03-2002, 02:59 PM
We also appreciate feedback and suggestions.

Howdy Ron, Randall Gilbert here. Firstly, congrats on a good mag and interesting topics. I suppose you can only rehash subject matter so often, but many younger, or novice anglers would like to see perhaps a series of instructional articals based on getting into luring. An introduction firstly, then progressing to other more in depth instruction on techniques, castings styles, accuracy tips, and so on.

I suggest this because of current interest levels this basic introduction to luring seems to be attracting with some videos that my friend and I have put together outlining all of the above. The groups we have addressed thus far are surprized that there is a whole new world of fishing enjoyment to be discovered progressing from standard bait fishing to the "art of cast" and subsequent blast one gets from hooking a fish on an artificial "bait".

It`s a recipe that has worked for us via the video medium but I`m sure it will work equally as well via the written word. Throw in a few diagrams and photos and bobs your uncle!!

Thats my suggestion Ron. Hope you may find it of interest.

Kind regards, Randall.

Ron_Collins
30-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Hi Randall
Appreciate your thoughts and advice. I'll ask one of our team to do just that. We have a reasonable amount of lure fishing in general BNB reports, but you are right about an introductory series.

Thanks for your support. Ron Collins, Ed.

Touchy - R.I.P.
30-03-2002, 04:21 PM
'Day Ron,Ask Randall if he would do an article(apart from his top suggestion above)on his unique catch & release technique,it would fill a full page easily,no net/gaff ect.required,the Randall method means they get off long before any of the above is required & his skill at this is becoming well known throughout fishing circles. ;D ;D.Cheers Touchy

Fitzy
30-03-2002, 09:47 PM
,the Randall method means they get off long before any of the above is required & his skill at this is becoming well known throughout fishing circles. #;D ;D.Cheers Touchy

Your right Fred, he's quite famous for his release method. Now I wonder who started the story running??? ;D

I'm outta here b4 I get hurt! :P

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Brett_Finger
31-03-2002, 03:54 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmm,
why yes Gary, i seem to rember this particular unique method of release comming into peactice on a few mentioned occasions. ;D
i think the trick is to start yelling.. I Got One, I Got One !!!!
..... this is the release comand !!
and it's obvious that Mr Gilbert has indeed perfected this to the enth degree.
Hookin, Brett
Ps. Great mag Ron it's the only one i have ever subscribed too !!

Randall
31-03-2002, 05:21 AM
Touchy.....Your dead!!! ;-)

Fitzy.......Not too far behind!!!

Brett......Your too big for threats!!!! Maybe I`ll just look for you in video store carparks and run you down in the car!! ;-)

Regards, Randall.

BTW....better to have hooked and dropped than never to have hooked at all!!

Touchy - R.I.P.
31-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Forest,Just keep ya window down it will be cheaper all round,BF's hand,glass,rewire your jaw,Sheeeet G/Ginger/Man that was a classic.Hope ya gettin amongst em :D.Cheers .T.