PDA

View Full Version : Kayak / Canoe Fishing

Jedster
24-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Hi all,
I am looking to contact fisho's who are into Yak or Canoe fishing. I do mostly saltwater and a bit of freshwater fishing out of a kayak. Any like minded people out there? Gets a bit boring on your own. I mainly fish lure and fly with occassional bait fishing. If you're looking for a fishing partner or know of a club for this kind of fishing I'd appreciate a contact.
Thanks
J

Brian
25-03-2002, 03:59 AM
Howdy there Jed,

Long time no chat hows the clan going :) Our club is trying to organise a brissie river trip in canoes. Altough this fella is not an option in a canoe as i spend more time under the boat than in it ::).

Will have to catch up soon and go for a fish :)

When a date is set will let you know Jed :)

Brian

Jedster
25-03-2002, 04:41 AM
Hi Brian, :D
Yep, long time no talk. I get your e-mails occassionally but have been super slack lately what with work and the bub. As you can tell I've sold the boat (family man now need the cash) and bought myself a kayak to fish from. It's set up with rod holders etc. I've had some good trips in it but it gets a bit boring sometimes. I can't convince the Patman to get one because he thinks the same thing will happen to him (be in the drink more than on it). Definitely give me the date for the canoe trip up the Brissy River I'll come to that if I can. I would also be keen to catch up for a fish I think last time was a bomb out for us due to the weather? Anyway I will accept any offer to fish from a real boat.
Let me know if ya going out anytime you need a decky.
Nice to hear from you
J

Brian
27-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Keep an eye out on our club web site and check the events section as soon as i know the dates of trips i place in there. The address is at the bottom of the page :)

I will try and remember to add you to our email list for our newsletter. As for a trip np when i get the time and know a date will let you know. :)

Brian

Randall
27-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Brian, I`ve got that spool cap from the reel you need.
I will drop it off to you tomorow if you want. Are you on dayshift at the moment?

I`ll ring you first if you email me your number.

Regards, Randall.

Maxg
28-03-2002, 06:06 AM
Have a look at www.anglingateway.com and hit the kayak thing. These guys are Yanks but they are also knuts, badly knuts. Max

The_Walrus
01-04-2002, 05:01 PM
Hi Randall,

If you're interested, our club (North Brisbane SFC) is planning a trip to Harry's Hut on the Noosa in a couple of weeks.

I dare say there'll be a few canoes/kayacks on the water.

Luc

Fitzy
02-04-2002, 12:02 PM
Hi Jedster,
Gimme a call mate & we can go paddle some of this great water I've got out this way.

You've got my new number, gimme a call if interested. ;D Better make it before the bass closed season starts too mate. A few of the other guys might be interested in coming along.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

heaney
05-04-2002, 03:23 PM
Fitzy does the closed season on bass mean that you cannot target them or that you cannot keep them(never wanted to anyway) or both, ??? sorry about the ignorance
im heading up to the everglades on the weekend will pass on whats happening walrus

Fitzy
05-04-2002, 03:39 PM
Fitzy does the closed season on bass mean that you cannot target them or that you cannot keep them(never wanted to anyway) or both, ??? sorry about the ignorance
im heading up to the everglades on the weekend will pass on whats happening walrus
Hi Heaney,
The way I read the regs is that it is illegal to "target" any fish during its closed season. However, that does not mean you are breaking the law if you incidentally catch one while fishing for another species.
Please don't read that to mean that I'm telling you its ok to go out fishing for them in the closed season just cause you're gonna let them all go. That's your own decision to make.
A very grey area that one.

Cheers,

Fitzy..