PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Chatboard

jaybee
08-04-2002, 07:55 AM
I am having probs here..the date and time keep changing on me and when i got from one page to another it says i am not logged in.. have checked my machine setup (time zone) and have tried adjusting in my profile..n e suggestions... ???

imported_admin
08-04-2002, 08:01 AM
Hi

The time should now be set fine.

I have just upgraded the server so a couple of things were out, such as the time. All should be working fine now and a bit faster.

jaybee
08-04-2002, 08:03 AM
thanks steve was beginning to think i had lost the plot here.

Kerry
08-04-2002, 09:01 AM
There's also this rather annoying instance on continuually asking to load Macromedia Flash between each and every page.

Purpose I'm not sure but has only appeared in the past few days, maybe for an add banner or something similar ???

Cheers, Kerry.

imported_admin
08-04-2002, 09:16 AM
Kerry

Yes Flash is used for some of the Ad Banners.

If you are using the latest browsers it should be installed. Or you can install it if you wish or leave it as is. It should only take a few minutes to install, depending on your Internet connection speed.

jaybee
08-04-2002, 10:08 AM
mmmm sorry to bother u but now i have another problem..trying to long onto the tailor bag limit but keeps saying I am a guest when I try to post..n e way here is a snippet from sunfish http://www.sunfishqueensland.org/thousand.htm

imported_admin
08-04-2002, 10:23 AM
JayBee

The chatboard uses a cookie to hold your username and password, this might have to be reset by loging out and then back in and/or restarting your browser.

jaybee
08-04-2002, 10:30 AM
tried that steve...but then i have my browser clear my cache when its closed down..mmmmm will have a play this end ta muchly

jaybee
08-04-2002, 10:49 AM
got it fixed took the chat board out of trusted sites did a reboot ... it was only the one forum tho..strange..mite have been something to do with the https u need to put in front of trusted sites..who know... ???

adrian
10-04-2002, 03:41 PM
I have problem that when i post things in response to questions my post does not always appear when it does shows up a day later or not at all have checked my end and seems to be in order when i log out and come back some of the post are there but most are not strange
anzac

imported_admin
10-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Anzac

Judging by what you described I would assume you are using Internet Explorer as you web browser.

If this is the case it will be due to the fact that the page you view is Cached by the browser, when you reply to a post the browser will show the cached page and not the new version of the page with your post attached.

This can also be caused due to your ISP having a copy of the page in there Cache or Proxy server.

You can get around this in Internet Explorer by doing the following

Hold down the ALT key and click on Reload. This will force Internet Explorer to get the current version of the page from the Internet instead of from its Cache or your ISP's.

You can also set it up in your settings to always get the current copy of the page from the internet instead of the Cache. Although this will slow things down a bit while you are just surfing the net and not using a chat board.

mick
11-04-2002, 10:12 AM
i had the same prob of when i change rooms it said i wasnt logged in . it ended up being my security setting was to high and the cookies wernt being saved. anyway i put my security setting on med, now all i have to deal with is macromedia popping up. no matter how much i yell at it, it wont go away.

mick

Fitzy
11-04-2002, 10:37 AM
i had the same prob of when i change rooms it said i wasnt logged in . it ended up being my security setting was to high and the cookies wernt being saved. anyway i put my security setting on med, now all i have to deal with is macromedia popping up. no matter how much i yell at it, it wont go away.

mick

Go to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash & install the latest version of Flash.

With alot of sites going away from gifs due to larger file sizes on gifs & Compuserve's threats to claim copyright & charge for all gifs used on the net, many are changing over to Flash which is royalty free.

Hope that helps,

Fitzy..

adrian
11-04-2002, 02:04 PM
thanks steve
would it be better if I changed browers to netscape nav.

imported_admin
11-04-2002, 04:29 PM
Anzac

I use Netscape, personal choice. I have less hassles with the cached pages that way. You should be bae to change the settings to get around it. If it is easy for you to change over to Netscape it would suggest it, but it is a personal choice, Holdens or Fords they both do the same job, some prefer one over the other.