PDA

View Full Version : Lures at night for bream,jew,tailor, flathead etc.

Andrew
08-04-2002, 09:20 AM
I've read that black lures are effective at night. What has been your experience. Has anyone spun the beach after dark for tailor or salmon? Thanks, Andrew.

jaybee
08-04-2002, 09:25 AM
I'm interested in this i remember watching ET catching jew down south with lures..but the water was ablaze with lights from industry..now i am led to beleive that with lures its sight that the fish attack..do they at all work at night and if so are they the glow type..??

Rumpig
08-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Either:
shiny lures,
glowy lures
or rattly lures
or a mixed of all of them would be my choice.

Mick

Curly
08-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Dark lures work at night as usually the bait hangs around the top layer while the predators lurk underneath, so with what moonlight and starlight is there they are able to see the lures shadow which they think is bait. Works around marina lights as well for the big bream and up north for the barra which sit under the pontoons just under the glare of the lights.

Andrew
09-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Does it seem 'more' productive spinning at night - any tailor off the beach? Andrew.

Rumpig
09-04-2002, 06:01 PM
Might have to have a crack at the bream sometime.

Mick

BOMBER
11-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Hi All,

Where I live here on Bribie Island in SE Qld I have of late been chasing Bream and Flathead at night around the many oyster leases here, all fish have fallen to a variety of colours in the lure I use which has been lately the 1 inch Bream Grub. Had a session last night fish were caught on white, chateuruse, Black and pink didn't seem to matter to much although the retrieve seemed too matter, absolutely no light if you like go to the fishing report and look under Back from the Racks for a picture of the Bream they ranged from 25 through to 37 cm's have also caught quite a few Flatties at nite on the same but none last evening, hope this helps.

Regards,

THE BOMBER.