PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the future

wombat45
13-04-2002, 06:17 PM
I'm a new member and just learning the fishing game on a casual basis.
Some of the things I have read on here are great, especially the letter from jaybee, why are you all not backing him as he is only trying to help you all and also fisherman of the future.
So get on your bikes and back him up as it is your's and our futures.
Our future Wombat45

jaybee
13-04-2002, 06:41 PM
Gee ta wombat....i feel all embarrassed now..and I thank you for your support..but letters or emails are the way to go..I am not here alone and I am sure that most of the members support this....maybe not in its entirety but everyone is entitled to their opions whether others like it or not...we are all individuals..and I am sure if the government listens to us then something can be worked out to suit most.
cheers. ;D

Fitzy
13-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Anyone who gets off their butt & has a go at helping our environment & in this case our fish stocks, should be applauded. ;D
Not everyone will agree on the finer details, nut the general consensus is almost unanymous. Something needs to be done to save our fisheries from further decline!

Guys like Vern Veitch & the crew have given a fair chunk of their free time lives to fight the fights, win loose or draw. I've racked up over 10 years in fish stocking now myself.
There are some great organisations that you fellas could do well in. Sunfish, ANSA & FFSAQ all work towards the common goals of anglers fishing future. Again, not everyone will agree with all things at all times, but as long as a united front is given to all outside appearances.

I recon the two biggest keys are information & apathy.
Correct information is a must & we need to spread it far & wide.
Apathy amongst anglers needs to be ground out. The good ol "She'll be apples mate" just don't work no more.

Keep up the good work fellas!! Maintain the rage. >:(

Cheers,

Fitzy..

blaze
13-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Hi guy/girls
I think all fisherpersons should support their closest fishing club and join. When a member get into taging, release etc.
spread the word amogst the young fisho's that that is the way
to go, HANDLE THEM GENTLY