PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

Ratsack
16-04-2002, 04:06 PM
I remember seeing a segment on 60 minutes a couple of years ago that was about the carp in the Murray River, absolutely destroying the river.
People that have lived in Harvey Bay will tell you that the Whiting fishing is not a patch on what it used to be. Judging by this site the Tailor are not as prolific as they used to be. Seems absolutely logical that they should ban the taking of Tailor, Whiting, Mullet or any other native fish for use in the pet food industry instead make them fish for Carp.
Good fish numbers increase
Bad fish numbers decrease
If the cat food gets too expensive then the cat numbers will also reduce, solves 3 problems.
What do you think

jaybee
16-04-2002, 05:09 PM
My cat don't like fish... ;D

Harrya
16-04-2002, 05:16 PM
Top Idear #why did it take you so long to think of it . :o

Sniper
17-04-2002, 04:36 PM
My cats love fresh whiting tid bits. Not the fillets but the bony parts. They go crazy as soon as they smell it. Pitty the bloody tom cat around here doesn't like it. Could solve problem number 4
Bill (the Sniper)

Solarman
17-04-2002, 06:02 PM
I don't know about cats but my two dogs love to clean up after I fillet fish. But top of the taste test are old pilchards that are not worth freezing for the third time. They catch them like trained seals. Which reminds me. About three years ago at Mapoon an old dingo would come out of the dunes every time we returned home from fishing looking for a meal.
I totally agree with your viewpoint about pilchards however.

Solarman

angelena
20-04-2002, 10:52 AM
I heard it's illegal to throw a carp back if you catch it in the murray.I agree on your idea for the carp.As for cat numbers I have a 2 solutions for that, my dogs.

Vern_Veitch
20-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Don't give the commercial fishers a reason to spread noxious fish in our waterways. If they are allowed to take noxious fish you cabn bet that the problem will spread quicker than you can blink. Most of them are pretty good but there are a few that will do anything for a quid.
Vern