PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Fisheres Support Buy-Back

nsw_fisheries
19-04-2002, 11:40 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/newsroom/latest/fb_02apr17_commercial.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

Vern_Veitch
19-04-2002, 04:42 PM
Is anyone else advising their Queensland politicians of what is going on in NSW. The more they hear this type of initiative, the more it will raise awareness of the issue. Most pollies do not like being beaten to the punch.
Vern

Barrymundi
20-04-2002, 06:02 AM
G'Day Vern,

I small section of the press release-

"$19 million is being spent to buy out commercial fishers from the 29 recreational fishing havens. Angler's fees from recreational fishing licence sales are funding this buy out."

When we adopt the user pays approach in Queensland we may then have a chance to change things.

Before you throw rocks at me for supporting a fishing licence(tax) on top all the other methods the government has for extracting money from us I think it is inevitable.

The government will not fund air conditioners in the school or even fix the lousy roads in North Queensland.

A fishing licence with all money returned to the management of the Fishing is the way to go.

Thanks

Alan Deaner

jaybee
20-04-2002, 07:17 AM
;D Hey if enough inform the government maybe we can get a State of Origin going between the two..to see who can out do each other. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm35.gif

Kerry
21-04-2002, 03:52 PM
G'Day Vern,

... A fishing licence with all money returned to the management of the Fishing is the way to go.

BS, simply gutter garbage tactics of governments. Lets hope some of us use some hindsight but somehow I doubt it.

Cheers, Kerry.

jaybee
21-04-2002, 04:08 PM
I small section of the press release-

"$19 million is being spent to buy out commercial fishers from the 29 recreational fishing havens. Angler's fees from recreational fishing licence sales are funding this buy out."

When we adopt the user pays approach in Queensland we may then have a chance to change things.

Not likely because this is only leading to greed. There is life after fishing. The people who collected garbage and the night men all found work, and as proven in NSW pros can reluenquish their license for free to see a future for their kids kids. I have sent e-mails to Mr Beattie my local member and no one has had the decency to even acknowledge reciept of said. My belief is because both the government and opposition want it well and truely entrentched, that way both can say its gone too far to turn back and can blame each other. :-[

Barrymundi
22-04-2002, 04:15 AM
BS, simply gutter garbage tactics of governments. Lets hope some of us use some hindsight but somehow I doubt it.

Cheers, Kerry.

G'Day Kerry,

Which part is B/S, fill me in please.

Thanks

Kerry
22-04-2002, 05:02 AM
Alan, following the happennings in the southern states it's really not all that hard to work what the score is.

The backlash from down that way should be a bit of a wakeup and soul searching exercise for the "smarter" state.

Cheers, Kerry.