PDA

View Full Version : New Virus

Fitzy
23-04-2002, 12:59 PM
This isn't fishing related but anyway.....
There's a new worm virus (klez.worm) doing the rounds today, alot of it within fishing circles. Please make sure you have the latest virus software & don't open any attachments in emails unless you are 100% sure they are ok.

If you have been hit with this worm or are unsure if you have it, go to http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html and download the removal tool & run it.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

jaybee
23-04-2002, 03:09 PM
I got hit twice today from this board from e-mail addies I dont have or know in my address book, was going to contact webby but seeing this post is here..had something to do about sunglasses..but norton quarantined it .

Fitzy
23-04-2002, 03:43 PM
Hi Jaybee,
These worms can pull email addresses from your cached files & use them. They don't need to be in your address book.

Someone only needs to have viewed a page anywhere with your address on it for it to be able to send you it.

Cheers,

Fitz

jaybee
23-04-2002, 03:51 PM
its no big deal as long as u have the virus protector up to date more of a nuisance then anything..maybe these people should learn all about the great outdoors eh..fishing in particular

imported_admin
23-04-2002, 05:18 PM
JayBee

To stop people sending you a worm virus from web pages from the chat boards that may be in their cache, do the following.

Go into your "Profile" and click on the box next to "Hide Email from public?"

This gets rid of the problem of having your E-mail address in peoples cache and will also stop anyone from grabbing your E-mail address to send you SPAM.

jaybee
23-04-2002, 05:26 PM
done ta..but the only thing is it takes away my own privacy :( if you know what i mean..not to worry one day these people that make these things will get a life

mick
24-04-2002, 06:42 AM
this link checks your brouser for parasites

http://and.doxdesk.com/parasite/

imported_admin
24-04-2002, 07:02 AM
one day these people that make these things will get a life

Maybe

And maybe one day software companies that make 6 Billion dollars in three months will release software without security holes. ;D ;D ;D

Luke
24-04-2002, 07:08 AM
Yeh guys,
I think they possibly all work for the same company ::)

saundy
27-04-2002, 12:16 PM
I have had a bug come in on offers for free Nokia phone and for free Nova sunglasses. My virus protector is usualy up to date thankfully. ::)

Brian
27-04-2002, 02:03 PM
The very same virus / worm i was warning about yesterday.

Nail the bugger, anyone that does not have a virus scanner needs to look long and hard at getting one ASAP :) :) :)