PDA

View Full Version : The Cheapest Fish Smoker Ever

Harrya
01-05-2002, 12:13 PM
Hi .After reading about some of the Fish Smokers Available
I got out a old Alum Boiler approx , 40 cm X 25 cm Cut four pieces 25mm Alum tube to 35 mm long as risers.to hold a 35 cm cake rack off the bottom of the boiler put in some alum foil on bottom of boiler to keep it clean. put wood shavings on the foil , Fish fillets on the rack put the lid on the boiler lit the L P gas stove out side . put the boiler on . 10-15 minutes later I was eating Smoked cook fish. Yum Yum #( You can marinate the fish as well Garlic and Soy is good )
Total cost was $5 dollars at local Flea Market For the boiler and cake rack.
And it worked too ;D
Harry

jaybee
01-05-2002, 01:05 PM
Good one harry..i have used the nipper kipper (stainless) then bought a bigger one (stainless) neither were big enough to do whole chickens tho :-[ ..have just purchased a brinkmann good gear all stainless can hold up to 55lb of meat on the 2 racks. In the next week or two will be looking at smoking a whole ham and today i scored some mesh to do oysters and muscles..at 4.99 a kilo at woolies for muscles i will probably get sick of em lol btw i was reading on the net if you brine use glass, stainless or good quality plastic or you could end up with a severe tummy bug.
cheers