PDA

View Full Version : LIVE CHAT, let's make a stand!!

Fisherman02
05-05-2002, 03:53 PM
ok guys
we have got to get this subject cleared up. Me and my buddy chris_J have discussed about getting everybody to meet in the live chat room at the same time, kinda like before on the live chat room when it was sunday at 7pm. So we have come up with a solution, that we all meet in the live chat room on saturday and sunday at 7pm. I mean before when we had the 'refreshing' chat room everybody was asking Steve to put one that is 'instant' so now we have it no one uses it! I would like some opinions on this as everytime I go in there there is someone who has been surfing icq with a name like........John I asked him if he likes fishing and his exact words were.... "is this a fishing chat room?"
so plz write some opinions down and suggestions
cheers jack

jaybee
05-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Saturday 7pm sounds like a bad time to me jack.probably everyone is out fishing weather permitting..And sunday I am sure everyone is looking to going back to work NOT its a hard task...but keep at dude someone will surely come up with a time to suit everyone..sounds like a good idea to me tho ::)

Fisherman02
05-05-2002, 07:53 PM
thanks joe
yeah, tricky subject I can understand why people are dodging it. Weekdays at work sat and sun fishing ::)
cheers jack

adriancorrea
06-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Hi Jack
Any weeknight would be fine for me, only once in every three weeks Id be at work, (Shift work) But Im definately interested, Seems to be alot to learnt from all you guys.
Maybe you should start a poll.
Adrian

Barrymundi
07-05-2002, 05:47 AM
if i could bet to work i would be there, work fine in the office on Win 95 IE 5.5

mome is XP and Ie 6. no go

Barrymundi
07-05-2002, 05:49 AM
sorry about previous message.

it should start with
If I could get it to work

Brett_Finger
07-05-2002, 05:55 AM
i wasss there last night,
from 7 to aound 8.30pm and there was about 8 people there all talking fishing and crap ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TBF!!

Fisherman02
07-05-2002, 10:57 AM
thanks guys,
brett, no way!!
You got any witnesses ??? :D
ok ill start a poll and lets see when we can all get together and talk fishing!!!!!!!!
cheers jack

aussiebasser
07-05-2002, 03:32 PM
i wasss there last night,
from 7 to aound 8.30pm and there was about 8 people there all talking fishing and crap #;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TBF!!
Hey BF, there were 7 people talking fishing, and you were talking crap from memory. :D :D http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm44.gif

Touchy - R.I.P.
07-05-2002, 03:43 PM
thanks guys,
brett, no way!!
You got any witnesses ??? :D
ok ill start a poll and lets see when we can all get together and talk fishing!!!!!!!!
cheers jack
FishermanO2,I guess then you are calling The Big Fella a liar!,(preeeety dumb move fella!!),guess then the same applies to me?? as I was on at approx 6:45,with 3 others,then between 7;30/8:00,there was ,as TBF says,8/9 fisho's chatting,Don't recall seeing your call sign >:(If you want to send me a private message re some of the fisho's callsigns/names that were chatting feel free,)How about getting on there Sundays.& join in instead of trying to organise everyone one else, you maybe pleasantly supprised that you dont have to "drumup" others to chat about any & all fishy topics.Thanks for the laugh"the Big Fella"telling porkies,Next you will be telling me he has never caught a barra. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::).Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Fisherman02
07-05-2002, 03:56 PM
hey touchy
I wasn't calling Brett or you for that matter a liar I just couldn't believe there were people in there. I have been in there plenty of times and there was nobody there whatsoever this time just happened to be one of the times that I wasn't there.

jack

Old_Fart
07-05-2002, 04:16 PM
Well I was on Live Chat for about an hour last night.
I did "chat" with BF.
From time to time I give him a bit of cheeck.
But unlike Fisherman 02, I would never be silly enough to call BF. a liar. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm31.gif

lordy
07-05-2002, 04:39 PM
The house was a rocking on Sunday. Like touchy says we were all there.

Brett_Finger
07-05-2002, 04:41 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Big Fella!!

lordy
07-05-2002, 05:08 PM
if i could bet to work i would be there, work fine in the office on Win 95 IE 5.5

mome is XP and Ie 6. no go

Barry try the following

http://tucows.mirror.aarnet.edu.au/preview/193831.html

Download a program called vIRC

Pretty simple to set up and it will bypass the the applet the Ausfish uses. Pretty decent.

the server you need to connect to is irc.icq.com
if asked the port is 6667

After you set it up (once only) you need to log in.

1. Click Start button
2. Click the top left icon ("Connect") in the new window
3. After it informs you it have connected enter
/join #Ausfishing_chat

Or after installation try setting the configuration

Inital setup -> Default Server -> irc.icq.com

Script Settings -> Auto Join channels -> #Ausfishing_Chat
Autoconnect to server -> irc.iqc.com

krazyfisher
07-05-2002, 06:38 PM
fisherman
I too was there on sunday as was a lot of other people I was also on tonight saw that you were on the board BUT not in the chat room that would be a good place to go if you want to chat. Every time I get on the board I go into the chat and switch between the two untill someone comes on or I am leaving. Its all just fun.
maybe I will chat to you in the chat sometime untill than have fun ;D