PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Steve

Lucky_Phill
08-05-2002, 01:20 PM
Good onya Steve.

Just passed the 1,000 member mark. Just goes to show what a great site you have here. I've passed on your add to numerous folk all over the country, and I bet others in here have done so. ;D

webby
08-05-2002, 04:20 PM
I reckon he'd have that number of Grey Hairs as well, or he
might be passing a few to Fitzy and Nugget, watch out Luke
there pretty generous what that pass on ;D ;D

Vern_Veitch
08-05-2002, 04:41 PM
What's wrong with grey hair?
It is better thn none!
I know.
Vern

Fitzy
08-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Also gotta add my congrats to Steve.
From memory we've only had 2 idiots on the new site from all of the members (neither are around any more). That's a pretty good success rate!
A great site & a great mate.

Steve & I celebrated the 1000th member last night with a trip to Maroon Dam for some afternoon night bass action. He whipped my butt on numbers too just quietly, but I got the biggest one! ;D

Vern, apparently I've got a couple of grey ones now (I don't believe then tho, they're blonde I say), I'm hoping that these "blonde" hairs are the next ones to fall out. I'm gonna need to start using sunscreen on the melon soon! Luke You're next cause Nugget is already as grey as a Yamaha. :P

Cheers,

Fitzy..

imported_admin
08-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the kind comments.

The chat boards are what you, the members, make them.

All I've done is provide a service for you all to use and exchange information and knowlege on fishing.

So the thanks goes from me to the 1000 plus members that make the chat boards what they are.

Luke
09-05-2002, 02:21 AM
Yeh great work Steve-top site and I've had a lot of questions answered. It's a great knowledge bank - good reason the numbers are building up. Don't worry I get told every now and then a grey is coming through. You just got to love being told that. Thanks to everyone that is patient enough to answer a lot of questions over the time that probably seemed basic to them including Steve B, Dave D, Fitz, BF and you aswell Webby,Lucky Phil,Touchy and Randall and others I can't think of at the moment. :)
Cheers Luke

Harrya
09-05-2002, 02:44 AM
Yes I would like to add my Congrats to Steve and the rest of you guys who have gave me a new interest to my fishing and a new way to get to meet peaple.
Dont worry about the gray one's it when there nothing there to combe is the problem ( What to do with the comb? )
HE HE LOL
Harry

Brett_Finger
09-05-2002, 03:02 AM
I reckon he'd have that number of Grey Hairs as well, or he
might be passing a few to Fitzy and Nugget, watch out Luke
there pretty generous what that pass on ;D ;D

Webby,
i have all the greay hairs you need, Maaaaaaaaaate!!! ;D
Hookin,The Big Fella!!

Brett_Finger
09-05-2002, 03:07 AM
Yes I would like to add my Congrats to Steve and the rest of you guys who have gave me a new interest to my fishing and a new way to get to meet peaple.
Dont worry about the gray one's it when there nothing there to combe is the problem ( What to do with the comb? )
HE HE LOL
Harry

Harry,
you could always get toughter with Fitzy and start busking at the markets,.... Mmmmmm a comb dueo ! ;D
waltzing matilda-waltzing matilda ........
i think you could claim the bakeing paper on the combs on ya tax!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o
that's it i am hideing now........ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hookin, The Big Fella!!

Harro
09-05-2002, 03:14 AM
Like migration and most other melting pot issues, chat boards are what the those involved decide to make of them.
Looking at the big picture, the trend is for the main volume of
traffic on sites around the country to be regional. The Queensland flavour here is unmistakable here - as it should be for this great state...if only our backwards looking fisheries management could be dragged into line with what's happening in the other states.
Ausfish is all the better for being "commercial" free. The backroom arrangements other sites make with people in the tackle trade and their payments to name anglers - both of whom post at anything that moves - seriously diminishes credibility and promotes cynicism. It's good to know that
ausfish.com.au is on guard about it happening here.

gumby
09-05-2002, 07:34 AM
congratlations ausfish on you 1000th member & well said harro its good to see that you are keeping them honest :-*

bugman
09-05-2002, 09:18 AM
Can I say a new member, that this site suits me down to the ground.

I'm an avid fisherman who works in the web industry so I'm in heaven here.

Having the regional centric aspect of the site is it's best asset for us that use it. If the concentration of members and contributers are from the same area then the advice, hints, reports etc. are all the more valuable.

That's not to say that a wider scope is not good to get a different opinion.

I can't believe I've only just found it after working in the web industry for five years combined with being a fisherman at birth.

I've actively sought fishing material of the web but for some unkown reason this site has never come up in searches, links for other sites etc, that I've browsed.

Must not have been doing it right.

Anway I look forward to being a healthy contributing member for the foreseeable future.

Mind you I'll have my fair share of questions (as per my posts) as well as any hints or tips I can pass on.

Regards Bugman

Luke
09-05-2002, 11:05 AM
It's interesting you say that you haven't found it in 5 years Bugman. I found out about this site through a mate but as yet haven't found out where he found Ausfish. How did you end up finding the site?
Cheers Luke

webby
09-05-2002, 06:01 PM
To the Bundy/Baffle/Big/Fella ;D
I dont have to worry about the grey now, watch it go down
the sewer years ago, Just wanted to say 1000 Rump Steaks
Congrats to You :-[ :-[

Touchy - R.I.P.
10-05-2002, 02:52 AM
Steve,I think the site reflects the work that you have put into it,the ever ready help from the moderators & all the fish'os,Keep up the good work mate.Cheers T.><> ><>.

bugman
10-05-2002, 06:36 AM
Luke,
Despite the fact I only found the site only a month ago I can't really remember but I think I backed into it from Fitzy's site.

I think there was a link to Fitzy's site from another fishing page I was on which I think I got to from Fishnet.

Once at Fitzy's I think I chopped off his local name in the url and went back to aushfish.

I think that's how it went anyway.

I'd be interested to hear from the guy that runs the site (I think it's Steve) what sort of accesses it receives a week.

Regards Bugman