PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the future

wombat45
12-05-2002, 06:41 PM
Why don't you blokes out there get off your backsides and help Jaybee. As what he is trying to do is to help you all out in the future, and the future for our children.
So don't moan about what is being said, front up yourselves with Jaybee at Parliament House, he needs numbers.
I am a 57yr old and just started the past time of fishing, but I can see there is going to be no future in fishing in Queensland if something is not done now.
Wombat45

Fitzy
12-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Hi Wombat45,
You may be surprised to find out that many of the folks you are having a go at already do alot of work for our fisheries, often at serious cost to their own financial situation. :-/

Personally, I've given over a decade to improving the lot of our fish, fisheries & the rights of our anglers, mainly in the freshwater area. Take a look at Verns work via Sunfish etc, a regular here on Ausfish, who has done alot more than that. Another example is all of the work Ron Collins has done via his magazine, Bush N Beach & in his past role in the BIAQ. (Thanks fellas)

In our own way, many of us do what we can to help. Be it voting in a poll, writing a letter or buying a raffle ticket, what ever. I suppose not everyone is in a postion to be able to do alot, but I'm sure most would help if they could. :)

I'd like to thank those that have supported us at various times in the past when we've asked for back-up on an issue.

Cheers All,

Fitzy..

Randall
13-05-2002, 04:59 AM
I second Fitzys comments here.
You will find that many of the regulars at Ausfish are doing thier bit.
It may not be going to Parliment house, but other behind the scenes stuff.
Most of us here, weather baito or luro, have a good understanding of the state of our fisheries and are sensitive to the same.
Regards, Randall.