PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Fraser Island Fishing Expo

Ron_Collins
14-05-2002, 06:28 AM
The BNB Fishing, Cruise Craft and 4BC Fishing Show crew is leaving for Fraser on Friday and anticipate having a bottler of a time at what is one of the world's best destinations.

We're part of the Toyota Fishing Expo and consequently know that there are probably more new competitors at the comp this year than ever before. Not sure why this is the case this year, but perhaps it has something to do with the Straddie Classic being cancelled.

Regardless of all of that, the message from our crew and Toyota is that every single competitor must keep strongly in mind that the comp's presence on Fraser Island depends on how we, the competitors, look after the place. There is strong opposition to recreational fishing people on Fraser Island and despite the island looking better after each comp, there is opposition to it taking place.

I guess my message or request is for every competitor to do their bit to leave the part of the island they're at looking better than it did when they arrived. That means cleaning up camp sites, not flicking cigarette butts, not driving on dunes, not harassing flocks of birds (feathered variety), taking cans instead of glass stubbies and taking your rubbish off the island with you.

If we all do this 100 percent we're sure to be able to keep fishing the Toyota comp well into the future. And of course Toyota is doing great things to encourage catch and release in more and more categories.

Look forward to seeing some of you there. - Ron Collins, Ed.

adrian
14-05-2002, 07:36 AM
hi
for all you lucky people who are going say hi to Stuart at the tackle shop ( tent ) up there . as he is one of the lucky ones who is getting paid to be there he will look after you

anzac

wish I was there

wishey
14-05-2002, 02:58 PM
Hay Ron,
Best of luck up there mate, have a good time, i hope your arms get stretched often,,, tell nugget to take some mullet gut offshore with him, he might get a big surprize.
copya

spinna
14-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Best of kuck up there ron
I would love to be there tight lines to you and all the take part ;)