PDA

View Full Version : SouthPort Seaway

jaybee
15-05-2002, 03:56 PM
I was informed yesterday Monday 13/02 that a man made structure was put in place under water out from the southport seaway last year. Apparantly the tailor take a wide birth because of it and not many are entering the bay. If this is so how do people know in the first 12 months?? Or has it been there since the seaway has been built ?? And last those that fish for tailor inside the bay, have you noticed a decline in Tailor in the last twelve months or so. Or is the decline due to netting. Apparantly people who fish straddie for tailor are kicking up a stink or so i am told.
thanks.

stevedemon
15-05-2002, 04:21 PM
Hi Jaybee
was down the coast for Mothers day and was speaking to a couple of the guy's i no that came in just after dark at the grand veiw boat ramp they had there bag limit of talior and bream in which they caught from the beacons near crab island talior from the X roads beacon opposite bayveiw habour and the bream from the big hole front of crab 28-30cm but they return plenty of talior so they are still coming through look on page 18 hooked in paradise centre Xroad marker for Talior bottom of Little Crab the Big hole for Bream' Flathead Talior. hope this helps your Question
see ya and good fishing
P.s don't fish this spot on big tides

Heath
15-05-2002, 06:09 PM
I don't know of any such structure. Other than the artificial reef off Main beach. Which holds good numbers of Tailor.

I think you may have been told a porky pie.......

jaybee
16-05-2002, 02:52 AM
starting to look like that, (porkie pie) thanks guys.