PDA

View Full Version : Outcome of Meeting with Local Member

jaybee
17-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Well being an avid fisherperson my local member agreed and was quite concerned over the sustainablility of the fishing industry and the environment. However she as asked me to pass on to all concerned over the tailor, pilchards, bag and size limits and a possible license, to write or phone their local MP or go directly to Henry Palaszczuk. Her words were
for every one person who sends in a letter there is 50 more who want to but wont She is compiling what I took in, plus the info I took from the net and passing it on to the respected ministers in dot point. If you would like a copy of the proposal I took to the meeting send me a message and I will email you a copy. We have their attention now is the time to do something.
cheers.

Fisherman02
17-05-2002, 03:10 PM
good one jaybee
im with ya all the way ;)\
If ya need any help i.e filing papers etc u know who to call eh?
cheers jack

wombat45
17-05-2002, 03:27 PM
Hi Jack, I was with jaybee at the meeting and like jaybee said its up to the individuals now to contact their local member of parliament. No good sending a letter to a member that is not in your electorate. The more members that recieve letters from their electorate, the sooner they will take notice and take action. It doesnt take long to type and send an email voicing or opinion.
wombat45 http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm35.gif