PDA

View Full Version : Remember the days

Luke
18-05-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm only 30 y old and I remember 20-25 years ago fishing in a creek only 400 yards from my house and catching eels on probably 30lb line on an old stick. Same place we used to all go down for a drink as teenagers and feel like you were in the middle of nowhere. Really happy times.Now that same old creek(Scrubby) is where Grand Plaza shopping centre stands at Browns Plains. I remember picking up turtles doing the dash to god knows where when construction started. Post not really for any purpose but for my memory. How times change.
Luke

Randall
19-05-2002, 05:35 AM
You ole bugger Luke!! ;-)

Randall.
PS: Hope your new tinny is all you expected. Was talking to Prydey last week and he was asking how it was going.

Luke
19-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Hey Randall,
It certainly makes me feel older when you look at how quickly things change :) Hey the tinny is going fantastic and even got a few bream on the grubs you guys sent. Beauty mate.
Cheers Luke

Randall
19-05-2002, 03:24 PM
Glad to hear the Big Bites are working for you Luke.
As a matter of fact I`m heading out tomorow, (Sunday) down to the salt somewhere chasing Bream and flathead on the plastics.

See you on the water.
Regards, Randall.

Brett_Finger
19-05-2002, 03:35 PM
Hay Randall,
be carefull when throwing those Big Bites around in the salt,i have run out and will have to re-stock!! :P :P
those twin tails in the bright green GO OFF !!
be prepared to lose plenty to the hungry hoards of estuary carp!!! (bream) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hookin,Brett

shano
20-05-2002, 05:29 AM
i know scrubby creek also produces those mongral carp of a very big size. now this is what me and my mates do for a bit of fun when bored on a sunday .go down and catch these bloody huge mad fighting fish and kill them take em home and dig them into the old blocks garden next dore for his roses he loves it lol!