PDA

View Full Version : Another waste of Tax payers Money

Barrymundi
20-05-2002, 12:37 PM
Whilst snokelling in a Green Zone today a Marine Parks boat come along and questioned us.

They made us take our rods out of the rod holders, it is pleasing to put $800 outfits on the floor of the boat to stand on.

One of the FIVE wankers started taking photos of the boat and us snorkelling.

FIVE people on a Sunday, must be penalty rates,
1 to Drive the boat
1, to take pictures
1 to count
1 to write
1 to keep the others company

What a waste of Money. Two wankers out to harrass fishos would have been cheaper.

Can't wait for the pictures.

Derek Bullock
20-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Hey there Barrymundi

While you might have been doing the right thing I guess there are many around who don't and lets face it, most people are out and about on the weekends. I reckon they are doing a good job myself.

Derek

Simon
21-05-2002, 11:15 AM
What were you doing snorkelling in the first place ;D ;D Just jokes.
I rekon mostly five in the boat is a safety thing for them. How many boat loads of illegal fisherman shall just idley stand by and allow two inspectors to search there boat if their in the wrong place with a boat load of illegal fish in the middle of know where facing the confiscation of their boat and everything ?????? its a damn shame there weren't more boats of five inspectors cruising around making their presence felt. I'd call it money well spent.

Cheers

Simon.

lordy
21-05-2002, 12:09 PM
What were you doing snorkelling in the first place ;D ;D #Just jokes.
I rekon mostly five in the boat is a safety thing for them. #How #many boat loads of illegal fisherman shall just idley stand by and allow two inspectors to search there boat if their in the wrong place with a boat load of illegal fish in the middle of know where facing the confiscation of their boat and everything ?????? #
Simon.

Don't need 5 inspectors. 2 Inspectors, a radio and RAAF jet with a Air-to-sea missile on standby #should do the job.

Barring that, just rebuild the carrier HMAS Melbourne and let it do what it did best.

jaybee
21-05-2002, 02:06 PM
I don't think its a waste of tax payers money, however more should be out and about after hours. I personally beleive if they werent there we would still be whinging because we may have seen some illegal activity. Like they say tho safety in numbers and at least they did the right thing and investigated a boat in the green zone.
cheers

Barrymundi
22-05-2002, 06:15 AM
Well it looks like I am the odd one out here. 5 men on Sunday Rates doing a simple job that 2 men could do.

To make it even more ridiculous they did not look at the boat next to us or question the skipper.

Fishing Patrols who enforce the Fisheries Regulation operate in pairs, so why do you need five to look at boat in a green zone.