PDA

View Full Version : New Live Chat

imported_admin
28-05-2002, 12:18 PM
It would appear that quite a few members were having trouble using the original Live Chat.

So, a new version of live chat has been installed for members to use.

You will need to be logged in to be able to access the live chat.

If you are logged in you will see this at the bottom of the main chat index.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/livechatloggedin.jpg
It will also show you what members are currently in the Live Chat.

If you are not logged in you will see this.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/livechatnotloggedin.jpg

Hope those that have had trouble with the old version find this easier to access and those that were using the old version will be happy with the change.

Cremated_Reddog
28-05-2002, 12:34 PM
Hiya steve, sorry but the old chat was better. the new one scrolls the wrong way and is a bit harder to use for the non literate ppl out there... that's just my point

Ron_Collins
28-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Hi Steve
When the "live chat" is up an running like my Shimano Calcutta 200, we'll plug it in BNB Fishing and on the 4BC Talking Fishing Show in an endeavour to introduce new blood to the site.

I'll keep an eye on the Ausfish board and get in touch with you when things look good. Ron Collins, Ed.

Fisherman02
28-05-2002, 02:26 PM
heya steve
yeah i kinda agree with reddog on this. The other live chat apart from not refreshing was all neat. This one doesn't seem to know where to go and is everywhere (in a nutshell to many buttons and the emoticons dont seem to work). Anyways lets see what other people have to say.
cheers jack

Randall
28-05-2002, 02:46 PM
Steve, just went and had a looksee. All smooth as a babies bum I reckon!!
Easy comes to mind.

I`m for it .

Thanks for the changes.

Regards, Randall.

Cremated_Reddog
28-05-2002, 04:58 PM
only easy for you randall cause your not that talented to know a good chat programm when you see it

lordy
28-05-2002, 05:33 PM
only easy for you randall cause your not that talented to know a good chat programm when you see it

You might want to add a few smilies or something when you fire off a shot like that if you don't want it taken the wrong way.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm34.gif

jaybee
28-05-2002, 07:00 PM
I cant seem to see anything I type unless i logout then log back in again Waaaaaaaaaaaa...i was happy with ICQ chat just no one in there when i was :'(

adriancorrea
28-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Just checked it out, not bad easy enough to use
Its just a matter of getting use to it.
The only thing Id like to see changed is all of whats been going on before you join. start with new fresh page and easier smileys like when your posting things.
apart from that great to see the upgrade.

Tight lines
Adrian

Harrya
29-05-2002, 03:39 AM
Hi There :D why is it just as one gets used to something ,
It gets Change >:(
Is it for some betterment ? :o
If so would someone please explain. ;D
Or was there something wrong other than No one there most of the time. :-X
I for one do not enjoy Change's ;)
Harrya

Randall
29-05-2002, 04:12 AM

Yeah, yeah, point taken you ole dog!!! ;-)
And Lordy, Reddogs cool, I know his humor and he would never shoot off a shot if he did`nt mean it!! ;-)

Oh...and by the way....he`s a BITCH!! (Smily included)

Regards, Randall.

jaybee
29-05-2002, 04:17 AM
Oh...and by the way....he`s a BITCH!! now! now! girls? :-* nothin like a cat fight to start the day eh ROFLMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bugman
29-05-2002, 04:17 AM
I have to say thanks to the Ausfish guys.
It seems what ever changes were madde now allows me in.
Seems to run pretty standard as a chat room goes.
I guess everyone has to realise that what's been said in the chat room is the important thing - not how it looks.
As long as the text displays and we have the ability to communicate then that's all we require.
PS
When's the next big live chat session - Sunday 7:00pm onwards ?
Look forward to it
Bugman

spinna
30-05-2002, 03:52 PM
NEW CHAT ???
pls go back to the old chat as this new 1 is well . A bit like a 25bl snapper ;) had to handle ???

jaybee
30-05-2002, 05:24 PM
I agree spinner..i can see people in the room but no one sees me let alone me seeing what i type ??? ??? :-[

aquarius
31-05-2002, 07:53 AM
Hey Guys at least you were able to get into the old chat room...i had no luck there at all....kept saying someone else was using my nickname.....Thanks Steve i have no problems with this new chat room. ;D

Beggsy
31-05-2002, 08:18 AM
G'day,

I'm a new member with a totally unrelated question.......

While reading the chat boards, I notice that under the member's name on the left of the page are a varying number of stars......... I've got one little one and you've got a bunch of big ones.

What do they denote ??? Just curious.

Thanks
Beggsy

Cremated_Reddog
31-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Beggsy, they denote your status in the ausfish family... you have a little starr cause you only just been born, while the ones with big starrs and many of them are our dads. as you see I only have a couple that's cause I'm only a dog and it takes me forever to type a post out http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm35.gif

Beggsy
31-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Thanks Reddog,

You know what it's like, I was suffering from a mild case of "star-envy".

I'm over it now, you know it's not how big it is that counts........ or so I've heard.

Beggsy

adriancorrea
31-05-2002, 03:53 PM
Hi there Beggsy
Its all got to do with the number of post you have the more post the more stars.

Tight lines
Adrian

jaybee
31-05-2002, 04:02 PM
I'm a new member with a totally unrelated question....... Star Lite (Light), Star Bright. wouldnt let it bother you too much beggsy..
cheers.