PDA

View Full Version : 1770 Reef Trip, October 10 - 15 .

craigie
28-05-2002, 10:26 AM
Hello good Fishing people !!!

My annual extended Reef Fishing Trip out of 1770, booked for the 10 - 15 of October, currently has a few vacant positions that are available to Ausfish Members and guests.

Most of the Fishing is done in deep water (40 - 70 mtrs) with Deck winches(Rods are also acceptable). When conditions are suitable, the skipper may take us out to the 'Shelf' to fish for Pearl perch in up to 120 mtrs of water.

Fish Species encounted on most charters include Red Emperor, Coral Trout, Red Throat, Tusk Fish (Parrot), Cod, etc. Trolling is permitted when travelling between fishing spots.

Contact me if interested or if you would like more info on our Charter.

I have been doing this trip for the last ten years and hope we can get a crew together for this year.

Cheers
Craigie.

adriancorrea
28-05-2002, 09:50 PM
Hi there craigie
Id like some info on this trip
dont mind abit of deep sea fishing or any kind of fishing for that matter :D

Tight lines
Adrian

craigie
30-05-2002, 10:52 AM
Hi Adrian,

Glad to hear you like your Deep Sea Fishing as well.

The Boat we go out on is called the "Coral Sea", It's a 50 foot wooden vessel with plenty of Sea time under It's belt.

We take ten Fisho's per trip (only have 5 starters for this years trip so far) and all fish down one side of the vessel while drifting the Deep Reef.

The trip costs about $660 per person and we pay it off over the few months that lead up to the trip. All meals, Bait and Fishing is covered by this amount. We take drinks and nibblies as well as large lead sinkers that are sold at cost (very cheap). We also arrange to leave Brisbane together in convoy and vehicle pool where possible.

I have heaps of Photos from previous trips that I could show you if your still interested.

I'm sure you would have a great time if you came along.

Cheers
Craigie.
Cheers

Jason_L
31-05-2002, 09:41 AM
is the trip less expensive if we can get to 1770 ourselves. as i only live about 2 hours from there.

with Rods. do we have to supply them ourselves or are they on the boat also.

thanks

Luke
31-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Hey Craigie,
Sounds good but I'll be just finishing another holiday before it and won't be able to afford it. How's Captain Budd going? Did you ever go out with Tex when he owned Coral Sea out of Hervey Bay? Top old boat.
Cheers Luke

craigie
01-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Hi Guy's,

To answer your questions, $660 pays for your 4 days out on the Boat. It includes all meals, bait. Extra charges apply for hire of Deck Winches, Drinks and travel to and from 1770. You are required to bring your own Tackle and Rods. Sinkers will be supplied at cost (very cheep). We can arrange to meet you there or we could pick you up along the way ?

No worries Luke, maybe we can line you up for a trip down the track. What is the destination of your fishing trip that precedes our Reef trip ?
Captain Budd and dekkie Bryce are going well as far as I know. The seem to be getting better with every trip, well it appears as though we catch more fish each year.

Yes Luke, had quite a few memorable days out fishing with Tex Howard the old Sea Dog !! Read a lot of his adult Magazines that he kept on board to remind you of all those lovely creatures back home.
Tex 'Red Emperor' Howard was a top Fisherman, he certainly showed a lot of our crew how to fish over the years. I saw him out on the water 'Skippering' someone elses boat a year or two back. He still looks the same, great set of sea legs !!!

The Coral sea has improved a little in appearance since Peter Budd took it over, she's still got plenty of Nautical Miles left in her.

Cheers
Craigie.

Luke
02-06-2002, 06:26 AM
Hey Craigie,
Awoonga, Hinchinbrook,Tinaroo and Cairns is where we are heading. Tex was a classic- could spot an undersize fish by a cm from 40 ft away I reckon. Certainly knows where the big reds hide aswell. Have a good trip.
Cheers Luke