PDA

View Full Version : Nugget/Tailor

Touchy - R.I.P.
12-06-2002, 08:41 AM
Congrats on your win mate,that was a good fish,now you are flush with readies I dont havta give you back the ten bucks I owe ya eh!. ;D ;D.Touchy

imported_admin
12-06-2002, 08:54 AM
Well done Nugget, heaviest Tailor weighed in in the Moreton Bay and Offshore Family Fishing Challenge.
Well done!

4.3 something kg from memory wasn't it.

And I thought you were chasing Jew ;D

Nugget
12-06-2002, 11:59 AM
No problem Touchy - forget the $10 - I've sent you on enough wild goose(fish) chases over the years I reckon you'll need it for fuel!

Thanks Steve - I have to confess I was chasing jew but ran out of live bait so lobbed a slab of fresh caught tailor into the gutter and caught the winner.
I was using 2 x 5/0 (the new Mustad Penetrator - 92604NPBLN) hooks snooded together with no wire.
When I slid the tailor up the beach my son Shawn grabbed the trace to pick the fish up and the line parted.
He then had to dive on it to stop it being washed back with the next wave.
All this at 4.30am which I thought was a good effort considering how cold it was!
Sometimes you get lucky!

Touchy - R.I.P.
12-06-2002, 04:27 PM
Just what I thought,full of piss n wind with out backup Nugget,Shawns fish ::)sitting up on the beach nice n comfy will ya son battled the elements & rolled around in the surf to land ya fish for ya!,hey Shawn how are ya gunna spend the prize money mate. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.Touchy :)

CHRIS_aka_GWH
13-06-2002, 07:55 AM
nugget,
nice fish, nothing like nylon burns to warm the hands in the morning. Which morning did you get it on?
I fished south straddie from dusk sat 8th to dawn sun 9th for sweet f.a. We went back dusk mon 10th & it went off. We ended up walking away with them still on the chew.
chris

Beggsy
13-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Good one Nugget,

I'm going home for a cry now :'(................ I thought I was doing okay on the Tailor.........telling all me mates about the great Tailor I've been catching :o .........up till now...... I'm not game to open my mouth again :-X......

Seriously though - Well done. ;D ;D ;D

Nugget
13-06-2002, 02:02 PM
Hi Chris - I caught the big tailor about 4.30 - 5am on Monday morning.
It was a very quiet night fish-wise.
I dropped a jew in the shore break at about 9pm then lost a couple of jew rigs to tailor through the night before hooking the big one.
It took a slab of chopper that Shawn caught earlier in the night.
I would still have been using live bait if I hadn't died.
FYI - Danny Cloherty was near the Pin Bar braining the choppers and a few of the Victory Club boys were south of me and ended up with 2nd and fouth biggest.
You just can't pick it at times.
I think Shawn caught a total of three or four chopers till he put his head down about 1am - they weren't thick.

Thanks Beggsy - sometimes you get lucky!

Dave ><>