PDA

View Full Version : WISH LIST ???

webby
09-06-2002, 04:06 PM
If you Had Only One Fishing Day left what would you Fish
For??.
Its a good one to ponder over and more though provoking
then the old "Whats the best fish you have ever caught".
Theres only one answer to this Question "The Next One".
But what if the Sands in your Fishing Hourglass were
Running on Empty.. :o
??? HOW WOULD YOU SPEND YOUR LAST FISHING
DAY?? ???

Brett_Finger
09-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Eazy Maate,

Giant Tarpon on fly !!! :o :o :o

Hookin,Brett ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

webby
09-06-2002, 04:12 PM
:'( My answer is not a species or location, every fish i catch
is a bonus and pleasure. sure the bigger and faster the
better, but for me its not anyone of the above, but who I
fish with, I'd really like to spend my only day left fishing with
the Mates Ive been fortunate enough to make over the years
Before I go to the Big Weigh-In Upstairs ;D
WHAT YOURS ??? ???

Fisherman02
09-06-2002, 04:37 PM
hmm tough one, i'd like to hook up onto a 500kg marlin ::) lol
People wise I reckon i'd want to fish with all you ausfishers and enjoy your company for my last day :'( coz boy do you lot have personality :D
(Touching aint it?)
tight lines always
jack

Fitzy
09-06-2002, 06:55 PM
Mine would be an Arapaima gigas on fly.

Could box me up & burn me after that.

Volvo
10-06-2002, 04:06 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm31.gif http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gifHow would i spend my last fishing day??...........
Okay all Rods set over the side with no bait attatched to the hooks just incase halfe a decent fish come along for a bit of a chew Lol. Ever noticed how fast a day goes when one is occupied and wouldnt wanna have that last day on the water go too fast would we ??. Just make it drag out as long as possible Lol.
Brew heaps of cuppers, smoke heaps of el cheapo minnie Cigars and just lay back lettin the boat drift along wherever it wants ta go or just anchor up alongside one of the islands layin back watchin the stars and letting the breeze dance across me face.
You know thats one of the better parts of bein on the water, the fish is just an added bonus ta take home .
Oh yes and have one last romp in the boat Lol with the missus lol( dont reckon im pushin me luck there do ya lol??)
Cheers

jezza
10-06-2002, 03:01 PM
Quite ironic this question arises for me!About a month ago or so,I took my grandfather out to dangle the line for a while.He sat in his chair, caught a few smallish bream(throwing them all back),suddenly,a rod went POW,the old boy never moved so quick in his life.With 75 years of experience behind him,he bought in a 25lb jewie,on only 9lb line.He looked at me said "Let 'im go",so I did. He was tired ,so I took him home.Before I left,he told me to look after his gear,as that was his LAST TRIP. I thought to myself,"Ok,I'll seesyou next week",and left for home.At about 3am the next morning,I got a call to say the old boy had croaked it.What a way to go............BLOODY HAPPY!
I guess the story is "as long as you're happy",that's the way I'd like my "sands of time" to end.
Until next time...

rob
10-06-2002, 03:37 PM
7kg+barbel english chalk stream late summers day with a bottle of old that will do nicely thanks ;D

fisho
11-06-2002, 03:08 PM
BIG MARLIN! ;)

fisho
11-06-2002, 03:10 PM
UPDATE - catching big marlin with the person who taught me to fish -dad ;)

Lucky_Phill
11-06-2002, 04:50 PM
Trolling a couple of lures behind the " big boat " towards the Solomons with enough fuel to get .......half way. ;D

adriancorrea
11-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Hi all 8)
Well after the weekend I just had, three days of fishing and three keepers :'( :'( :'(
Any decent fish would do :D :D and damm good company.

Tight lines
Adrian

Muzzy
11-06-2002, 11:07 PM
If I die in the chase for mr meter plus barra then I die a happy lad.....

I have caught heaps and heaps of barra (fishing all me life in the N.t will do that) but nothing over 90cm how gay am I....

Muzzy
11-06-2002, 11:11 PM
as for who with thats easy my mates

Byron and Nathan us three lads have been mates since pre school, still are the best of mates. We all learnt how to be with the girls and play with the fish or vice versa...

either way me and those two lads may have taken that wave in the perfect storm if not we would have been bloody blind and we be going down smiling.....

Chris_J
12-06-2002, 12:21 PM
I would have to go an Indo-Pacific permit on fly ::) around the 12kg mark would be fine. . . with a heap of mates fishin with me. . .i think i might die soon :-[. . .damnit this is only a wish >:(

;D ;D ;D ;D

CJ

jaybee
12-06-2002, 01:04 PM
going on 30 yrs ago my bro and I used to travel down to byron bay and push a 13ft bondwood beechie out through the surf..no radio..no gps..no sounder..could hardly see land...we used to haul some monster pearlies, snapper and cod off the bottom..I would really like to try that again..just me and my bro..we are 10 years apart to the day..sigh (memories)

Rumpig
13-06-2002, 12:38 PM
I'd have to say my last day fishing would be spent in FNQ on a remote mountain stream fishing for Jungle Perch with my ultralight threadline set up and some tiny lures.
I'd share this day with my dad.

Failing that go over to New Zealand and go for their massive LBG kingies and snapper with a couple of mates. ;D :D ;D

Mick

webby
13-06-2002, 04:24 PM
??? ???Fitzy Question ;D ;D What the hell is a Apapaima
Gigas. ??? ??? not in any of my books, must be a species
confined to Somerset ;D

imported_admin
13-06-2002, 07:59 PM
The Arapaima Gigas, or Pirarucu, can grow up to 13 feet long. Found in the Amazon.

Have a look at these.
http://www.carpecarpio.com/exoticfishpictures.html
http://www.arowana.net/www/arapaima.htm

Fitzy
13-06-2002, 09:42 PM
??? ???Fitzy #Question #;D ;D What the hell is a Apapaima
Gigas. ??? ??? #not in any of my books, must be a species
confined to Somerset ;D
Look at the links Steve put up. They are also called the Giant Arrowana, the largest of the boney tongue family of fishes & are a cousin to our 2 Oz saratoga species (Scleropages leichardti & jardini). 2nd biggest freshwater fish in this rock second only to the Sturgeon Fish. Known to take monkey, dogs & kids. ;) Hopefully one of my lures or flies one day too! :D

I can only dream!!!

Cheers,

Fitzy..

webby
14-06-2002, 02:37 PM
;D ;D Shister, Wanna be a awful big
fly, the amazonians will get ya before
you catch one,and youse ya as Pirahna bait ;D ;D ;D

jezza
14-06-2002, 04:19 PM
I reckon a good old fashioned 100lb jewie would fit the order!
Until next time...

Simon
15-06-2002, 03:27 AM
I'd spend it fishing for Sooty grunter, I'd chalk up one on each lure type an die happy

Harrya
17-06-2002, 03:17 AM
Well I have just had a good few days fishing at Borumba Dam
and catching some good size Silver Perch and I almost broke my rod ,
and that was rather a Thrill so I gess something like that would be ok aey
Harry