PDA

View Full Version : More Protection for Local Rays

nsw_fisheries
18-06-2002, 05:57 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/newsroom/latest/fb_02jun13_rays.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au."

stevedemon
18-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Hi to all ;)
It is nice to see that there is some protection for most species of harmless Marine Creatures 8) :o. We would also like to see that not only is the D.P.I protecting the Marine life, but more partols on under size fishing in our area's in Queensland but also I myself would like to see that the Enviroment side is being looked after as well, as one of our fisho' mates has stated that we are all to willing to blame the pro's :-/
:-[ yes they do damage to the feeding grounds with there nets but the Farmers, land owner,s on River or cannal frontage and local Government with the amount of wastage an Pollutants that are wash in to the system is also a very big need :( :'( for the Government Bodies to look at.
We as Amatuer Fisher-person can help in our own way Stringrays, Shovel nose rays we all hate catching them but they are harmless many times I have caught a Ray missing it's tail just put a towelover it remove your hooks if you can or cut the line close to the hook and release and by making sure that what ever you take out in Plastics, Papers or just plain rubbish you being back, and we need some strict rules on the waters for anyone from the beach to the boaties of all classes or any water way user to keep the waterways clean if your caught then a fine is needed ???. I ask you all, how many of you have travelled the waterway and seen plastic's bags whether bait, carry bags, coke cans, Ect, floating by, how many of you have stop to pick them up :D ;) and put them in your boat or in the bin when walking by. I think we can all say we are guilty, but I think some of us can all say that at one time or another we have made the comment look at the pollution that is floating by from some misguided fool Who does not care about any thing but his own selfish attitude, so lets start to take a stand for our own actions an maybe it will past from person to person:-[ :( :'( we can only but hope that the Government will take control of the rest from the over flow of pollutants in the waterways as well as people looking after the Enviroment it willl be a better waterway. if I have affended :( any body :o then I am not sorry for this because you are most likely :-[ guilty of the offences :-[
cheers all keep those lines tight and rods bending ;) ;)
Steve

Beggsy
19-06-2002, 05:48 AM
Couldn't agree with you more Stevedemon.

The other thing that struck me as I read yet another Press release from NSW Fisheries is that I have seen a lot of posts from them but none from QLD Fisheries.........

hmmmm...makes one think that the QLD guys don't care quite as much as their couterparts in NSW ???
or is it that they just don't know this web site exists ??? or have they not been invited to participate (Government depts like to be invited - can't think on their own - generally).

Any ideas ?

stevedemon
19-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Hi beggy's
I most certainly do agree with you if you read my little message you will see that I did have a go at the ??? ???Queensland Fisheries and the D.P.I :P :P
we need more of them but as you said we have not seen a post from them :o :-[ :o :-[:o
I do ask why is this so :-X :-/ :-X
How many other fisho's feel the same would be interesting ;) ;) ;)
good fishing all and keep those rods bending ;D ;)
Steve