PDA

View Full Version : Blind Yachtie

fisho
26-06-2002, 09:27 PM
Just a warning to all offshore fishos to always keep your eyes open on the water.
Last week fishing Wide Caloundra at about 5.30 am - yacht travelling at about 15 knots heading directly for me - started to get worried at about the 100 metre mark - had to drive up while on anchor to let yacht pass (missed me by no more than 20 metres - scary!!!) - hurled abuse but saw no one - got rego number off sail and reported to coastguard at Mooloolaba. #
My advice - ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE ON THE LOOK OUT!

PS It was a ripper fishing trip except for this incident.

stevedemon
27-06-2002, 07:13 AM
Hi Fisho
I no what you mean with the yacth's :P but it is not just the yacthies that are bad news when anhcored in the bay the with the big bay cruisers they come past you at a rate of knots ??? I myself have had them past within 10ft an nearly swamp me in the waves they have created I have however been informed by the Water Police that if this happens an you manage to get the rego No then ring them they will deal with it the same as the Jet ski they to must give you a Distance of 30 metres.
It is however, we look at it a crying shame :'( :'(, that not everyone can get along on the water an respect the :-[ others that are using it.
Myself, I slow right down to a crawl when past other boaties anhcored if it is within the 30mtr, so as not to rock them to much, I call it manners on water an respect for the other people that use it.
These people with there big snobby BAY CRUISERS, do not care about anyone else but themselves an have seen this time an time again so anyone who is down the Board water watch the next time you go out an you will see what I mean :o
cheers all
STEVE