PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Tackle Orders

leroy
04-07-2002, 04:54 PM
I ordered some tackle items through the Ausfish On-line Tackle Section 2 weeks ago. Nothing arrived. :(

So I sent an email with the Traceable Order Verification Number and order details, 5 days ago, asking for some idea when the goods will be available and, no reply. >:(

Has anyone else experienced this sought of poor service from Ausfish. ???

imported_admin
04-07-2002, 05:22 PM
Hi

Have your order here, sorry for the delay. Do not have any record of any E-mail from you regarding it though as you state.

An E-mail was sent to you last week regarding it, I will send it to you again. Let me know if you don't get it.

The item in question has been removed from sale as we can not get stock from the manufacturer at this stage.

leroy
04-07-2002, 05:39 PM
Thanks Steve for the prompt reply on this occassion, email received.

Don't know why you didn't get my email, I certainly did not get your first one.

I will have a look around but i don't think there is anything else out there that does the same job as the Reel-Mate and I don't have the gear to knock something up.

I might post a query on the chat board and see if anyone knows of a similar product.

Thanks for your help. :) :)

imported_admin
04-07-2002, 05:42 PM
I have seen a similar product advertised, a bit more engineered though than the Reelmate.

I think it was by Shimano, but can't remember exactly. Was in one of the fishing mags a few months ago in the new products section. Haven't seen any in tackle stores though.

Jason_L
04-07-2002, 06:22 PM
doesn't K-mart stores supply shimano stuff.

you could possibly try there.

PS: don't you love Rex Hunts range of sunglasses... each time he wears them on his show a lense falls out... i find it rather amusing as i work in the sunglasses industry.

lordy
05-07-2002, 07:32 AM
doesn't K-mart stores supply shimano stuff.

you could possibly try there.

PS: don't you love Rex Hunts range of sunglasses... each time he wears them on his show a lense falls out... i find it rather amusing as i work in the sunglasses industry.

I've had a pair for a while and my lenses have never fallen out. I need an excuse to buy new ones :)

Old_Fart
05-07-2002, 08:18 AM
I have ordered goods from Ausfish, and allways been happy with the service, and impressed with the packaging etc.
At one time an air pump played up. after a few months use. Ausfish replaced it immediately.
NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
I will continue to order goods as it is allways good value for money.

Rumpig
05-07-2002, 05:03 PM
On the subject of ordering gear I have had a terrible experience with, lets call them "elkcat OM" -for legal reasons-
I placed an order with them early last year the first package took several months and several phone calls to arrive.
It contained less than half than the products ordered.
More phone calls and a second box was sent 5mnths after the initial order was placed with no appologies.
I was still short a rod and box of trebles. I called several more times and a couple of months ago the rod finally arrived.

To date I haven't recieved the trebles and really can't bothered hasing them up about them.

Just thought I'd share this experience.

Mick

leroy
08-07-2002, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I found a Silstar product in the Bass Angler shop in Penrith that looks as though it will do the job. Will try it out soon.

I have bought stuff from a mail order mob with a name the same as that, if you look in your rear veiw mirror on the way past. Delivery has always been prompt but they don't back order any more. So if its not in the first delivery I just go elsewhere.

I recently found a new store at Silverwater called Freddy's Fishing World, I found their prices on rods and reels to be as good as the mail order mob.