PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane, Gold coast area?

garen
07-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi all,

Im coming to Qld this week, arrive on wed, and never been before and are staying with people who dont fish. Now im staying in the daisy hill area about in the middle of the two cities and I need somewhere to start i guess. Landbased only, eustury, light to med beach stuff only because of gear restrictions that i can get on the plane. I looked in a map book the other day and noticed a number of rivers close by to that area, is there anything in these?
Also going to mooroochydore for one day and will be meeting up with a friend who is also on holidays, can you give me any advice here also.
Anything would be appreciated as I dont know the area at all and i wont be there very long, so I want to make the most of it.
Thanks all and greatly appreciated!

Garen
W.A.

craigie
08-07-2002, 07:05 AM
Hi Garen,

Welcome to Ausfish and Queensland !!

It's Bream and Tailor season in our neck of the woods at the moment.
I recomend you bring a 3kg and 6kg Fishing out fit to handle these species.

Daisy Hill is not too far from the Jacob's Well/Jumpnpin estuary, where Bream and Tailor are being caught. There is a Boat Hire at Jacob's Well which will give you good access to some productive Fishing Areas. Flathead Fishing is also worth a try in this area.

Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast has Swan Boat Hire as your Fishing Friend !!
Mark Planck and his family have had the buisness for last 6 years and will try their hardest to direct you to where the fish are. They have a wide range of vessels for hire including B-B-Q Boats if you want to fish in style.

If you have any specific questions drop me a line, only too happy to help out a fellow Fisho.

Cheers
Craigie.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
08-07-2002, 09:37 AM
gday garen,
as a logan city boy myself I follow craigie's lead & reccomend Blue Pacific Boat Hire at Jacobs Well about a 20 min drive from Daisy Hill. Speak to Pete, Mackie or Chris, buy some bait / hire a tinny & they'll put you on the fish - they supply maps of their area with the boat hire & are gun fishermen themselves - good blokes too. The Logan river is close too. At this time of year its pretty salty a fair way up. Just look at the street directory for roads that lead down to it, prawns or strips of flesh should get you a fish.
chris

garen
08-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys,

Appreciate the info. What sort of price do the tinnies come at? Might be a good idea. What do you catch your tailor on over there, bait what sort, and are they partial to a shiny piece of metal or the like?
Chris you mentioned the logan river, whats in there and what areas would be good to try. Landbased if possible.
In the nerang is there any landbased access aruond there? I hear theres afew bream in there but the access is mainly private land. Any areas like bridges that we aare allowed to fish?
Also good tackle shops in the area, where can I find one?
Sorry about all the questions but i like to be prepared and know what to expect. Thanks for all your help and i hope you can help me with my other queries.

Ta

Garen

2idiots
10-07-2002, 04:13 PM
It's pretty hammered around these parts mate dont get your hopes up too high.A mate of mine spent a whole day and night out on moreton bay and got 1 bream.And me and the missus and kids went out and got nilch.Good luck sunshine.....Good weather for a sightsee though.

Heath
10-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Yep, 2idiots is spot on, no fish around here.... errrrr....ummm hangon just click on the galleries below or click on the link to my webpage.

Email me with some specifics & I'll try to put you onto a few good spots.

webby
10-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Hi Garen No fish about ??? caught these sat morning early on runout tide from tulleen is to the coomera river in the broadwater
you need a tinnie to operate in this area
regards