PDA

View Full Version : Got a reply from Mr Palaszczuk

Jedster
14-07-2002, 06:26 AM
Received a reply from the letter (information researched by Jaybee) sent to Mr Palaszczuk (Minister for Primary Industries). Basically two pages of 'thanks but we'll do what we want' (my opinion only) with the exception of the permit to catch pilchards in SE Qld which has been knocked back. The current priority species are spotted mackeral, shark and coral trout. The bread and butter species will be dealt with on a 'as needs' basis 'when information becomes available' (funny I thought that's what we were trying to give them).
Keep an eye out for an RIS on spotted mackeral soon to be released. Draft management plans are also being developed for sweetlip, coral trout and red emporer. A separate RIS will take place later this year for these species, keep an eye out for those too.
And finally the suggested licence system for salt and fresh water is not supported by the government.
I wonder how many letters it'll take for them to have enough 'information' to take some action. Keep sending them in, they've got to have an election some day.
Regards
J

jaybee
14-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Hi Jed
Thanks for the feedback. Lucky Phil also has a hand in this with the figures he did the number crunching Thanks Phil. However thats what the replies have been so far only confirming what we know and no action. We need more people to write their local members as to confirm that Ausfish and Rfish are not supporting a minority. The government needs to know that people are ready to vote with their feet.
cheers