PDA

View Full Version : foiled by forecast

gruntahunter
15-07-2002, 06:57 AM
:-[ Had to work sat .....perfect conditions on water.....forecast for sunday...15 to 20 knots, so stay at home we do and wake up to 4 knot winds at cleveland.Missed out on fishing again, i just have to get a snapper from green ,even if it kills me.But oh well i suppose i did the responsible thing and set a good example for my 2 boys. But next weekend......who knows ;)

Kerry
15-07-2002, 01:13 PM
I suppose that's what forecasts are, forecasts attempting to cover a general area over a period of time while attempting to "forecast" all possible scenario's based on many variables, some sort of known and some not.

At the end of the day it's probably better to be on the safe side than the under side especially when some historical events are considered.

Cheers, Kerry.

whiteman
16-07-2002, 05:27 AM
Mate, we had awesome conditions on Sunday. Had friends up from Sydney and took them out to Acheron for snorkalling. Glassy all the way out and in. On Saturday arvo, checked BOM where we could see the high pressure moving north so we were prepared. Bait fish everywhere. We trolled for 10 minutes at Phillips Reef and picked up a legal Spanny. A few boats there seemed to be getting fish.

Sorry you missed it.

Lucky_Phill
16-07-2002, 12:52 PM
I had the same prob " grunta ".

I had 3 blokes lined up to " dive " the Captain Nilsen over at Moreton.

I have fished it many times, but they were keen to let me know what exactly what was down there.

After hearing the forecast on Brownies, I rang and cancelled the trip. I wasn't going to sit around in the sloop all day.

Next time ! ::) ;D :'(