PDA

View Full Version : charters fron moolooaba

gruntahunter
16-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Ok guys help me out here please. I,ve been nominated to organise a trip for about 12 yobbos that i work with out to the reefs from moolooaba, caloundra. Who can u recommend that knows his stuff. tks in anticipation of ur replys.

clutter
16-07-2002, 03:11 PM
G'day Grunter,
Give Geoff and Dawn at Mooloolaba Reef and Game charters a call. They run the Crusader boats and usually fish the Barwon Banks. Get them on 54443735 or email info@reef-game.com, website www.reef.game.com
Hope this helps. Clutter.

craigie
17-07-2002, 12:35 PM
G'day Gruntahunta,

Been out with half a dozen different Charters between Tweed heads and Mooloolaba, not sure which one to recommend ??? ???.
A couple were a total disaster, $150 for a day on the water and not a fish to take home :'( :'(.

I prefer to travel a little further north to Rainbow Beach or Hervey Bay, the Reefs are much more productive, also the variety of species is much more appealling.

If you are dead set about going from the sunshine coast - Good Luck !!!

I have been out with Crusader's from Moloolaba, again a very poor catch.
If you do catch any, make sure the other patron's don't claim your fish. This Bastard tried to claim my 'Pearly' last time I was on this charter !!!

Cheers
Craigie.

jaybee
17-07-2002, 01:43 PM
As craigie mentioned paying for a reef trip is just a much gamble as going out in ya own boat.. skippers cant gaurantee catches..it all depends on weather current etc..no different to being in your own boat..you book a boat you need to consider what will eventuate on the day...whether owning ya own boat or booking one..the weather and current on the day will dictate
cheers

bugman
18-07-2002, 05:36 AM
Grunta,

If distance is a factor in not allowing you to go to Hervey Bay (because that's where I'd be going). Then head to Noosa. Try Noosa Blue water charters http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au
Or Andrew Jones on Laguna Charters Ph 5449 7454.
I've been with Andrew three times with the first two being stand-out fish catches.
The last failed to get a keeper onboard. You've got more chance of catching some outstanding fish with these guys though.
Bugman