PDA

View Full Version : Sounder Info

herby
17-07-2002, 04:40 PM
I was involved in a discussion about sounders today. One of my mates reccons that sharks dont show on sounders and that the fish swim bladder effects how well the sounder works. Any body want to comment?

scott_b
17-07-2002, 05:19 PM
I have a hummingbird fishfinder and its very lazy on what it picks up,I had a 12lb cod snagged on a log for twenty five minutes waiting for it to untangle it self and still hasn't shown up on the finder,end up throwing the anker down and roughing him up,nice fish quick photo and put him back.So I wouldn't trust them to much. ???

Kerry
18-07-2002, 02:49 AM
My bait doesn't have a swim bladder either :o but I can follow it all the way to the bottom in upteen metres of water.

Be surprised what a good sounder (and a good user) can actually see with a sounder.

Cheers, Kerry.

Lucky_Phill
18-07-2002, 12:25 PM
Sharks don't show up on sounders...

What a Croc ! :P

A good sounder will do lots of things, I have seen sounders pick up ( as Kerry said ) the bait going down, plastic bags, Jelly fish, even thermoclynes ( incorrect spelling, I know ).

Depending on the quality of sounder and user knowledge, will depend on what you see ( and don't ). ;D ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-07-2002, 01:04 PM
and keep in mind sounders work on a beam. If the object isn't in the transducers cone it won't show up. That cone covers a wider area the deeper it goes. In skinny water you only see a small picture of whats beneath.
chris

Chris_J
18-07-2002, 04:44 PM
If u want a good sounder get one of the new hummingbird legends. . .got one yesterday. . .kicks the pants of my X85's. . .definetly worth the money. . .most sounds have the ability to show fish quite well just takes some playin round with settings. . .i got a hummingbird 150sx to show a school of bass. . .anything is possible. . .hehehe ;D

Cheers

CJ