PDA

View Full Version : green island trip

gruntahunter
17-07-2002, 03:18 PM
Is any one planning a morning or night trip to green island in the near future? If you are could you let me know cause i would like to follow some one who knows the area at night .

jaybee
17-07-2002, 05:01 PM
best off going late arvo and getting yourself setup. Just be wary of going to close to the island (beacons) as it is more shallow then it looks. Leaving from wynnum and following straight thru from d'arcy light keep mid channel between st. helena and green.
hope this helps
cheers.

adrian
19-07-2002, 08:34 AM
I agree with jaybee watch your sounder and try the eastern side on the edge of the reef be carefull going near the island as when the tide drops it is very shallow ie less than 1 mtr also try between the 2 islands watch for the rise on the sounder as you get near the beacons and try there as well

hope this helps Anzac

Araby_Dog
20-07-2002, 06:40 AM
:DHey Grunta! Me and the Dominator in the Deficator would be keen. We've never done a trip there before and wouldn't mind tagging along to sniff out some new spots for the coming summer. Being new to boating we 're both a bit hesitant to venture into new locations outside of what we know (the Pin & Broadwater) and think saftey in numbers for the first time anywhere would be wiser.

Hopefully a suitable date will come up soon and all the elements favour the hunters.

gruntahunter
20-07-2002, 01:31 PM
mate i,m goin as soon i can get the time and the wind is right.hopefully Sunday morning ,looks like the wind is going to be 10 -15 which will do me.Hey i,m new to this area mate ,only went out on tuesday arvo for a look in the daylight for the 1st time so itwill be the blind leading the blind. But if ur keen let me know and i could see u at the Wynnum ck boat ramp at about 4.30am sunday morn.

Ron_Collins
20-07-2002, 02:30 PM
Hi All
If anyone is at Green between 5-6am of a Saturday or Sunday morning, please give Nugget and I a call on 13 13 32 at 4BC 1116AM and be part of the Talking Fishing Show.

Just on Green Island, when my dad and I fished there many years ago we caught quality parrot in what was called the Daylight Hole (there's a tip). But he's long gone and bugger me if I can't recall the marks for the Daylight Hole due to changes to tree heights, landmarks being built out on the mainland and the like.

It's on the eastern side east off the main line of reef edge, and if you can find it you'll get quality fish. Not only parrot in summer, but tailor and others in winter.

Feedback here at Ausfish and via 4BC would be appreciated. Could also publish pics of good fish in an up-coming edition of BNB Fishing. It's another of those spots that many of us, self included, tend to forget about and steam straight past. Ron Collins, Ed.

gruntahunter
20-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Ron i'll listen to ur show always but just cant get bloody through.Will try Sunday mornin as its looks like the wind will be ok.

webby
20-07-2002, 04:52 PM
Hi Grunta, #The best way to learnt these Big 3 i call them #Mud/Saint @ green is to do a trip at low tide.Greenis take marks off the island and then return on the incoming tide.
sneek in as far as your game, and set up, get a berley trail going , fish the deeper water on the eastern side of your boat then as tide rises move your baits incloser to the island, keep the noise down, as your in shallow water. use 10-15 kg line as the bottom is fairly abrasive on gear.
if bottom fishing, or use floaters just enough weight to keep youoff the bottom. # as for Ronsspot try about 1/3 of the way up eastern side and look for a couple of drop offs and risesand fish the sides of the drop offs, berley with some squid cubes towards top of tide. and put your bait on the bottom. #sinker on hook. #that how youll get your parrot. #too early for decent grassies yet. #the odd squire also moves thru this area.
or try the drop offs top of king is or go to the Huybers lite line your boat up with the huybers lite behind you and the end of wellington pt jetty in front. head south toward the jetty youll be in about 20ft of water youll come across a big rise that comes some 15ft up off the bottom, anchor and fish the side of this rise, especially on the outgoing, decent fish hand behind this rise and snaffle the bait fish coming past
hope this helps. o bye the way night time is the best time to fish these areas.
regards

regards