PDA

View Full Version : Fiji - Island Coastal Spinning

SP001
19-07-2002, 07:45 PM
We will be holidaying Fiji in the Mamunca Island group. 8)

Reef fringes are abundant in the calm tropical coastal waters.

Looking forward to the following island coastal fishing:

1. Wading out from shore to do a spot of spinning.

2. Boat spinning

3. Game Fishing Charter - Tuna, Marlin, Sailfish, Walu, Wahoo and Mahimahi, equipment supplied on this excursion.

We would be grateful, if anyone has any experiences to share and / or suggestions on suitable equipment for these waters; rods, reels, line grade, lures. :-/

Equipment has to be travel friendly! eg. 6"6' 2 piece rod max. Nothing too unwieldly to stow in luggage.

Thanks

Master_Jig_Builder
23-07-2002, 03:23 AM
A mate of mine owns a tackle business in Fiji. If I can find his e-mail address then I will forward it on to you so that he can hive you the heads up on options.

I don't know that I island group so it is best coming from a local.

Beggsy
23-07-2002, 08:37 AM
Went to Mana Island for my honeymoon about 10 years ago. Didn't really expect to go fishing so I didn't take any gear with me.......

Only got to go out twice (it was our honeymoon after all ::))- once on a charter and everything was supplied got some nice pelagics including a GT that damn near pulled the boat backwards.......

Best fun I had(fishing) was going out bottom bashing with one of the local villagers in an old open boat using handlines - they supplied the handline and the bait. Caught all sorts of fish I'd never seen before and had some great laughs with the local guys.