PDA

View Full Version : Gregory's Fishing Guide - Thanks Ron & Nugget

Sweetlip
23-07-2002, 12:05 PM
For asking some dumb questions about Jumpinpin on Saturday's 4BC Fishing Program at 5am, the program host, Ron Collins gave me a prize of a copy of the Gregory's Fishing Guide, which is a damn fine book.

Thanks very much, Ron. I picked it up today and have keenly gone through most of it cover to cover and am very pleased to have it.

One shortcoming, though....whilst the pages on Jumpinpin are very good (thanks Nugget), there is actually no map showing most of the areas which Nugget refers to.

By use of Brownies and/or the official charts of the area, you can see where places like Tiger Mullet Channel and Swan Bay, Kalinga Bank etc are, but there is no map to show them in the Gregory's Guide. Given the reputation of the Jumpinpin area, this is a pretty big oversight, I reckon.

Perhaps the second edition might include such a map.

Anyway, the information contained is very useful and I am very grateful for the book.

Many thanks.

Sweetlip

Nugget
25-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Hi Sweetlip - I'm glad you're enjoying the book.
We (the contributing editors) didn't have any say in what was and wasn't included.
We were just the source of the local information - Gregory's put the publication together.

It's a good idea - I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Dave ><>

Sweetlip
27-07-2002, 04:49 AM
Thanks Nugget.

I also found that a photograph had been used twice with different captions referring to two different places.

Being on holidays with idle time, I have written to the publisher suggesting that they fix that plus add a map on Jumpinpin.

It is really an excellent book and deserves optimisation in subsequent editions.

Sweetlip