PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip to QLD

Morrie
01-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Hi all,

I am planning a trip to QLD (Gold Coast to Bundaberg) next year and wanted to get some ideas on where to go and what to fish for? I wanted to get a reef session in at Bundaberg and probably beach fish when I get the chance on the way back down the coast. It will be around June as well, so any info.ideas would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers,

Morrie.

landy1
01-08-2002, 10:46 AM
G'day Morrie
two suggestions i couldnt go past.
firstly get in to some bass fishing at wivenhoe or somerset. both about an hour and a half tops from centre of Brissy. second rent a boat for the day at jacobs well and have a poke around jumpinpin. that time of year the bream should be starting to fire up. throw in some beach fishing from fraser and your all set.
cheers

jack_attack
01-08-2002, 11:42 AM
I might be a bit biased here, but the fishing around the Bribie Island area is pretty damn good now the pros are not aloud in the passage. Both the surf beach and calmer passage waters are fishing well at the moment.

Also would suggest a trip in to Mooloolaba or Maroochydore on the Sunshine coast.

Although I have never used one around here, hiring a fishing guide or taking a charter would be the way to go.